Her Lucky Night
Her Lucky Night is a 1945 musical film starring The Andrews Sisters. It was their last film for Universal.
|Her Lucky Night|
|Directed by||Edward Lilley|
|Written by||Clyde Bruckman|
|Starring||The Andrews Sisters|
Noah Beery Jr
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|February 9, 1945|
A story of a woman who tries to find a boyfriend.
- The Andrew Sisters
- Martha O'Driscoll as Connie
- Noah Beery Jr. as Larry
- George Barbier as J.L. Wentworth
- Maurice Cass as Papa
- Marie Harmon as Susie
- Olin Howland as Prince de la Mour
- Robert Emmett Keane as Lawson
- Grady Sutton as Joe
- Edgar Dearing as Casey
- Eddie Acuff as Chauffeur
- Rita Gould as Fannie
- Charles Jordan as Bus Driver
The film was part of a lawsuit by Harold Lloyd against Universal Pictures. He claims they copied sequences from his films, The Freshman, Movie Crazy and Welcome Danger in their films Her Lucky Night, So's Your Uncle and Lucky Man. Her Lucky Night was supposed to have copied The Freshman; Lloyd claimed $500,000 in general damages and $500,000 in special damages for that film in particular. Lloyd won $60,000 for the Movie Crazy-So's Your Uncle infringement; he settled with Universal for more than $100,000 for the other two films.
- The Andrews Sisters: A Biography and Career Record By Harry Nimmo p 206
- LLOYD FILM FIRM SUES FOR $1,815,000: Charges Universal Co. With Infringement of Copyrights on Three Pictures Special to THE NEW YORK TIMES.. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 05 Apr 1945: 26.
- MANUFACTURER'S AGENT EDWIN A. POWELL DIES Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 11 Nov 1947: A16