Hell Is Empty
Hell is Empty is a 1967 British film. It began filming in 1965 under the direction of Bernard Knowles. Filming was suspended and later resumed by John Ainsworth after Martine Carol's death. It also starred Anthony Steel, Shirley Ann Field and James Robertson Justice. On the run from the police, thieves stumble upon an abandoned mansion on a deserted island.
|Hell Is Empty|
|Directed by||John Ainsworth|
|Produced by||Michael Eland|
|Screenplay by||John Ainsworth|
|Based on||a screenplay by Bernard Knowles|
& George Fowler;
and the novel Hell Is Empty by J.F. Straker (1958)
Shirley Anne Field
James Robertson Justice
|Music by||Georges Garvarentz|
|Edited by||Jim Connock|
|Distributed by||J. Arthur Rank Film Distributors (UK)|
- Martine Carol as Martine Grant
- Anthony Steel as Major Morton
- James Robertson Justice as Angus McGee
- Shirley Anne Field as Shirley McGee
- Isa Miranda as Isa Grant
- Carl Möhner as Carl Schultz
- Robert Rietty as Robert Grant
- Jess Conrad as Jess Shepherd
- Anthony Dawson as Paul Grant
- Catherine Schell as Catherine Grant (as Catherine von Schell)
- Irene von Meyendorff as Helen McGee
- Patricia Viterbo as Patricia
- Anna Gaël as Anna
- Eugene Deckers as Counsel
- Sheila Burrell as Judge
- "Hell Is Empty (1967)".
- HELL IS EMPTY Monthly Film Bulletin; London Vol. 37, Iss. 432, (Jan 1, 1970): 226.
- "Hell Is Empty (1967) - John Ainsworth, Bernard Knowles - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related - AllMovie". AllMovie.