Hell's Crossroads is a 1957 American western film directed by Franklin Adreon and starring Stephen McNally, Peggie Castle, and Robert Vaughn. The film's sets were designed by the art director Frank Arrigo.
|Directed by||Franklin Adreon|
|Produced by||Rudy Ralston|
|Written by||Barry Shipman|
John K. Butler
|Music by||Jerry Roberts|
|Cinematography||John L. Russell|
|Edited by||Tony Martinelli|
|Distributed by||Republic Pictures|
The events leading up to the killing of the outlaw Jesse James in 1882.
- Stephen McNally as Victor 'Vic' Rodell
- Peggie Castle as Paula Collins
- Robert Vaughn as Bob Ford
- Barton MacLane as Pinkerton Agent Clyde O'Connell
- Harry Shannon as Clay Ford
- Henry Brandon as Jesse James
- Douglas Kennedy as Frank James
- Grant Withers as Sheriff Steve Oliver
- Myron Healey as Cole Younger
- Frank Wilcox as Gov. Crittenden of Missouri
- Jean Howell as Mrs. Jesse James
- Morris Ankrum as Wheeler
- Eddie Baker as Mr. Feniweather
- George Bell as Deputy
- Chip Carson as Telegraph Operator
- Heenan Elliott as Mr. Morley
- Joe Ferrante as Blacksmith
- Cactus Mack as Lynch Mob Member
- John Patrick as Express Agent
- Jack Perrin as Lynch Mob Member
- Bob Reeves as Lynch Mob Member
- John Trebach as Bit Role
Hell's Crossroads was released in theatres on March 8, 1957. The film can be streamed on Amazon Video.
- Pitts 2012, p. 149.
- Maltin 2012, p. 287.
- Schneider, Jerry L. (2011). Western Movie Making Locations Vol. 1 Southern California. Victorville, California: Corriganville Press. ISBN 978-0983197218.
- Rainey 1998, p. 96.
- Wilt 1991, p. 162.
- "Hell's Crossroads". Turner Classic Movies. Atlanta: Turner Broadcasting System (Time Warner). Retrieved November 13, 2016.
- "Hell's Crossroads". Amazon Video. Seattle: Amazon.com. ASIN B009UC65F8. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Pitts, Michael R. (2012). Western Movies: A Guide to 5,105 Feature Films (2nd ed.). New York City: McFarland & Company. p. 149. ISBN 978-0786463725.
- Maltin, Leonard (2012). Leonard Maltin's Classic Movie Guide: From the Silent Era Through 1965. New York City: Plume. p. 287. ISBN 978-0452295773.
- Rainey, Buck (1998). Western Gunslingers in Face and on Film: Hollywood's Famous Lawmen and Outlaws (1st ed.). New York City: McFarland & Company. p. 96. ISBN 978-0786403967.
- Wilt, David E. (1991). Hardboiled in Hollywood. Bowling Green, Ohio: Bowling Green University Popular Press. p. 162. ASIN B00Y2R1GNC.