Heart of the North
Heart of the North is a 1938 American adventure film directed by Lewis Seiler and written by Lee Katz and Vincent Sherman. The film stars Dick Foran, Gloria Dickson, Gale Page, Allen Jenkins, Patric Knowles, and Janet Chapman. The film was released by Warner Bros. on December 10, 1938. It is based on the novel with the same name, written by William Byron Mowery.
|Heart of the North|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Lewis Seiler|
|Produced by||Bryan Foy|
|Screenplay by||Lee Katz|
|Music by||Adolph Deutsch|
|Cinematography||Wilfred M. Cline|
L. William O'Connell
|Edited by||Louis Hesse|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
- Dick Foran as Sergeant Alan Baker
- Gloria Dickson as Joyce MacMillan
- Gale Page as Elizabeth Spaulding
- Allen Jenkins as Corporal Bill Hardsock
- Patric Knowles as Corporal Jim Montgomery
- Janet Chapman as Judy Montgomery
- James Stephenson as Inspector Stephen Gore
- Anthony Averill as Constable Whipple
- Joe Sawyer as Red Crocker
- Joe King as Mac Drummond
- Russell Simpson as Dave MacMillan
- Arthur Gardner as Constable Larry Young
- Garry Owen as Tom 'Tommy' Ryan
- Pedro de Cordoba as Father Claverly
- Alec Harford as Lunnon Dick
- Robert Homans as Boat Captain Ashman
- Anderson Lawler as Constable Burgoon
- Bruce Carruthers as Constable Pedeault
- "Heart of the North (1938) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-09-01.
- Nugent, Frank S. (1938-12-21). "Movie Review - Heart of the North - THE SCREEN; Technicolor Gets Its Mounties in the Palpitating 'Heart of the North,' Beating at the Rialto". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-09-01.
- "Heart of the North". Afi.com. 1938-10-24. Retrieved 2015-09-01.