Haven Holidays is a chain of holiday parks in the United Kingdom. It operates caravan, touring and camping facilities across 40 sites in the UK in predominantly coastal locations.
|Predecessor||Warner Holiday Camps, British Holidays|
|Founded||1964 (Haven Holidays, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, UK)|
March 25, 1989 (Doniford Bay Holiday Park, Watchet)
Number of locations
|40 caravan parks|
|David Luiz, Chief Executive|
|Products||Caravan holiday parks|
Number of employees
|Parent||Bourne Leisure Limited|
The company was established in 1964 and bought by the Bourne Leisure Group in 2000. In November 2004 Bourne Leisure merged its existing British Holidays chain into the Haven Holidays brand.
The current Haven chain is formed from a number of acquisitions by its former brands, including Warner Holiday Camps (now trading as Warner Leisure Hotels). After wanting to focus more on its gaming operations such as Mecca Bingo, the Rank Group decided to sell its holiday arm. In October 2000, Bourne Leisure purchased the Rank Group's UK leisure arm, Rank Leisure, for £700 million, which included the Haven, Butlins and Warner Leisure Hotels chains.
In April 2015, Bourne Leisure purchased the Thornwick & Sea Farm Holiday Centre and Greenacre West caravan parks from Flamborough Holidays Ltd; Thornwick & Sea Farm holiday centre's complex was redeveloped for the 2016 season and was rebranded 'Thornwick Bay'.
- Haven Holidays (1964) (Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, UK)
- Doniford Bay Holiday Park (March 25, 1989)
Sponsorships and partnerships
In March 2018, Haven partnered with the charity Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI). This partnership aims to fully integrate the RNLI with the Haven offering and raise vital funds for their lifesaving work.
In February 2019, Haven became an official sponsor of Team GB, supporting the team in the build up to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
- Haven Leisure Ltd, Report and Financial Statements, 31 December 2010
- "HavenHolidays.com - Review - We want Rory!!!!".
- Power, Ben (28 September 2000). "Rank says goodbye to redcoats in £700m sale". The Independent. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "Holiday parks in national deal". Bridlington Froo Press. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "Haven Holidays partners with the RNLI to save lives at sea".
- "Team GB announce partnership with Haven".