|Directed by||Spencer Gordon Bennet|
|Produced by||Ronald Davidson|
|Written by||Royal Cole|
Ewart Adamson (novel)
Marshall J. Reed
|Distributed by||Republic Pictures|
|15 chapters / 243 minutes (serial)|
|Budget||$170,099 (negative cost: $207,856)|
Sea captain Jim Marsden is about to be hanged for a murder he didn't commit, and is rescued from the gallows by two of his crewmen. To clear the captain's name, they head for the island of Pulinan, where they believe the real murderer is hiding. During the search for the killer, one thing leads to another and Jim and the crew soon find that their troubles have just started. Investigating a possible hiding place of the killer, Jim encounters huge sea monsters in Haunted Harbor.
Haunted Harbor was based on a novel by Ewart Adamson (writing as Dayle Douglas).
The serial was budgeted at $170,099 although the final negative cost was $207,856 (a $37,757, or 22.2%, overspend).
No other Jungle serial was released by Republic for nine years after Haunted Harbor, when 1953's Jungle Drums of Africa was released.
The serial was re-released on 26 September 1951, under the new title Pirates' Harbor, between the first runs of Government Agents vs. Phantom Legion and Radar Men from the Moon. It began a pattern of re-releasing an old serial between every new release, which lasted until Republic's last new serial was released in 1955. Three years of purely re-releases then followed.
- Wanted for Murder (25min 1s)
- Flight to Danger (15min 33s)
- Ladder of Death (15min 33s)
- The Unknown Assassin (15min 33s)
- Harbor of Horror (15min 33s)
- Return of the Fugitive (15min 32s)
- Journey into Peril (15min 34s)
- Wings of Doom (15min 33s)
- Death's Door (15min 33s)
- Crimson Sacrifice (15min 33s)
- Jungle Jeopardy (15min 33s)
- Fire Trap (15min 34s)
- Monsters of the Deep (15min 34s)
- High Voltage (15min 34s)
- Crucible of Justice (15min 33s)
- Rainey, Buck (1999). Serials and Series: A World Filmography, 1912–1956. McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 107. ISBN 978-0-7864-4702-2.
- Mathis, Jack (1995). Valley of the Cliffhangers Supplement. Jack Mathis Advertising. pp. 3, 10, 78–79. ISBN 0-9632878-1-8.
- Cline, William C. (1984). "2. In Search of Ammunition". In the Nick of Time. McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 11. ISBN 0-7864-0471-X.
- Cline, William C. (1984). "3. The Six Faces of Adventure". In the Nick of Time. McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 37. ISBN 0-7864-0471-X.
- Cline, William C. (1984). "Filmography". In the Nick of Time. McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 238. ISBN 0-7864-0471-X.
The Tiger Woman (1944)
| Republic Serial
Haunted Harbor (1944)
Zorro's Black Whip (1944)