HashiCorp is a software company with a Freemium business model based in San Francisco, California. HashiCorp provides open-source tools and commercial products that enable developers, operators and security professionals to provision, secure, run and connect cloud-computing infrastructure. It was founded in 2012 by Mitchell Hashimoto and Armon Dadgar.
Number of employees
HashiCorp provides a suite of open-source tools intended to support development and deployment of large-scale service-oriented software installations. Each tool is aimed at specific stages in the life cycle of a software application, with a focus on automation. Many have a plugin-oriented architecture in order to provide integration with third-party technologies and services. Additional proprietary features for some of these tools are offered commercially and are aimed at enterprise customers.
- Vagrant (first released in 2010): supports the building and maintenance of reproducible software-development environments via virtualization technology.
- Packer: a tool for building virtual-machine images for later deployment.
- Terraform (first released in July 2014): infrastructure as code software which enables provisioning and adapting virtual infrastructure across all major cloud providers.
- Consul (first released in April 2014): provides distributed KV storage, DNS-based service discovery, RPC, and event propagation. The underlying event, membership, and failure-detection mechanisms are provided by Serf, an open-source library also published by HashiCorp.
- Vault (first released in April 2015): provides secrets management, identity-based access, encrypting application data and auditing of secrets for applications, systems, and users.
- Nomad (released in September 2015): supports scheduling and deployment of tasks across worker nodes in a cluster.
- Serf, first released in 2013, is a decentralized cluster membership, failure detection, and orchestration software.
- Sentinel, a policy as code framework for HashiCorp Products
- Warren, Justin (23 February 2017). "Jay Fry Leaves New Relic To Head HashiCorp Marketing". Forbes.
- Lardinois, Frederic (7 September 2016). "HashiCorp raises $24M for its DevOps infrastructure software". TechCrunch.
- Williams, Alex (28 November 2012). "Vagrant Founder Launches HashiCorp To Support His Open Developer Management Tool". TechCrunch. AOL.
- Handy, Alex (21 November 2016). "The future of HashiCorp". SD Times.
- Fay, Joe (8 September 2016). "HashiCorp pulls in $24m to build out DevOps infrastructure portfolio". The Register.
- Ward, Chris (20 June 2017). "HashiCorp Tools Useful for Continuous Integration". Codeship Blog.
- "HashiCorp Announces the General Availability of Vault Enterprise for DevOps Security Across Dynamic Infrastructure". 7 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to HashiCorp.|