Harrisburg Heat (2012–)
The Harrisburg Heat is an American professional indoor soccer team based in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The team is a part of the Major Arena Soccer League. The Heat's home venue is New Holland Arena at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center.
|Full name||Harrisburg Heat|
|Stadium||New Holland Arena|
|General Manager||Pat Healey|
|League||Major Arena Soccer League|
|2018–19||3rd, Eastern Division|
The Harrisburg Heat claim the heritage of an original Harrisburg Heat franchise that was a member of the National Professional Soccer League, which later became the Major Indoor Soccer League. On May 2, 2012, the Heat were awarded a PASL expansion franchise to begin with the 2012–13 season.
On January 24, 2014, the Heat announced they would relocate from the 2,200-seat Equine Arena at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center to the complex's 7,300-seat New Holland Arena (originally called the "Large Arena") starting with the 2014–15 season. The original Harrisburg Heat played their home matches at the Large Arena during their 12 seasons of existence. The team was scheduled to join the Indoor Professional League in 2016, but it was later announced that they had rejoined the MASL.
The Heat was sold by the PASL in September 2013 and was owned and operated by the Heat Soccer Group LLC with longtime indoor soccer broadcaster John Wilsbach the principal owner. Wilsbach served as the President and General Manager.
Richard Chinapoo served as the team's head coach the first two seasons before retiring and being replaced by onetime indoor soccer star Tarik Walker, who was fired after an 0-13 start in the 2015-16 season. Gino DiFlorio longtime assistant coach, served as interim head co-coach with Mark Ludwig for the remainder of the season, with a 1-5 record.
Carl Delmont purchased the team in June 2016 from John Wilsbach, and is the CEO and general manager. Wilsbach remains with the team as the vice president of broadcasting. Denison Cabral was named head coach of the Heat for the 2016-17 season and stepped down after the 2017-18 season.
As of November 8, 2019 Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
|League Champions||Runners-Up||Division Champions||Playoff Berth|
|Season||League||Won||Lost||GF||GA||Regular Season||Playoffs||Avg. Attendance||U.S. Open Cup|
|2012–13||PASL||6||10||106||102||3rd, Eastern Division||Did Not Qualify||1,781||Quarter-finals|
|2013–14||PASL||4||12||94||156||5th, Eastern Division||Did Not Qualify||1,720||Quarter-finals|
|2014–15||MASL||2||18||104||216||5th, Eastern Division||Did Not Qualify||2,989||N/A|
|2015–16||MASL||1||18||38||79||4th, Eastern Division||Did Not Qualify||2,029||N/A|
|2016–17||MASL||10||10||116||124||2nd, Eastern Division||Division Final||1,449||N/A|
|2017-18||MASL||6||16||114||148||4th, Eastern Division||Did not Qualify||1,459||N/A|
|2018-19||MASL||11||13||146||158||3rd, Eastern Division||Did not Qualify||2,194||N/A|
- Bristol, Jason (May 2, 2012). "Harrisburg Heat is back, begins play in November in PASL". WHP-TV. Archived from the original on February 9, 2013. Retrieved May 3, 2012.
- Sedor, Michael (November 14, 2012). "Harrisburg Heat Saturday home opener to feature new Farm Show scoreboard". The Patriot-News. Harrisburg, PA. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- Bullock, Michael (November 16, 2012). "Memorable dates in Harrisburg Heat history". The Patriot-News. Harrisburg, PA. Retrieved November 18, 2012.
- Bristol, Jason (May 1, 2012). "Heat indoor soccer team returning to Harrisburg". Harrisburg, PA: WHP-TV. Archived from the original on June 15, 2012. Retrieved February 19, 2013.
- "Harrisburg Heat Return for 2012/13 Season" (Press release). Professional Arena Soccer League. May 2, 2012. Archived from the original on February 1, 2013. Retrieved May 3, 2012.
- Bullock, Michael (May 2, 2012). "Indoor soccer making return to Farm Show as Harrisburg Heat is reborn". The Patriot-News. Harrisburg, PA. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- Bullock, Michael (January 24, 2014). "Harrisburg Heat moving to Farm Show's Large Arena in 2014-15, maybe sooner". The Patriot-News. Harrisburg, PA: Advance Publications. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- Bristol, Jason (August 22, 2012). "Chinapoo to coach newly-formed Harrisburg Heat soccer team". Harrisburg, PA: WHP-TV. Archived from the original on April 12, 2013. Retrieved February 19, 2013.
- "Harrisburg Heat's New Owner Announced - Harrisburg Heat". harrisburgheat.com. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "Harrisburg Heat Roster". MASLSoccer.com. Retrieved 8 November 2019.