Location in Uttar Pradesh, India
|Coordinates: 27.42°N 80.12°E|
|• MP||Jay Prakash Rawat|
|Elevation||140 m (460 ft)|
|• Additional official||Urdu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Sex ratio||868 ♀/1000 ♂|
|Languages||Hindi, Urdu, Awadhi|
Hardoi is located at 27.42°N 80.12°E. It has an average elevation of 134 metres (440 ft). Hardoi is located at 110 km from Lucknow (capital of Uttar Pradesh) and 394 from New Delhi (capital of India). The Ganges and several of its tributaries are crossing the south of Hardoi district. Its area is 5947 km2. The record height is 500 ft. In 1995, Hardoi district had 5 km2 of dense forest and 13 km2 of open forest. The length of this district from northwest to southeast is 125.529 km and width from east to west are 74.83 km. District Hardoi comprises five tehsils (Hardoi, Shahabad, Bilgram, Sandila, and Sawayajpur), 19 blocks, 191 Nyay Panchayat, 1101 Gram Sabha, and 1901 inhabited revenue villages. Sandi Bird Sanctuary created in 1990, previously, "Dahar Jheel", is an important ecotourism bird habitat. Gomati river flows mainly in Hardoi.
It also has 7 Nagar Palika Parishads & 6 Nagar Panchayats . Geographical area is 5947 km2. As per census 2011 population of the district is 4091380, out of which Female are 1887116 & Male are 2204264.
As of 2011 Indian Census, Hardoi had a total population of 126,851, of which 66,352 were males and 66,352 were females. Population within the age group of 0 to 6 years was 14,048. Hardoi had an average literary rate of 76%, of which male literacy was 79.5% and female literacy was 72.1%. The Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes population was 12,277 and 4 respectively. Hardoi had 21949 households in 2011.
- "Census of India: Hardoi". www.censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "52nd REPORT OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR LINGUISTIC MINORITIES IN INDIA" (PDF). nclm.nic.in. Ministry of Minority Affairs. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 May 2017. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
- "Welcome to Official Website of District Court Hardoi". Archived from the original on 3 July 2018. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "Pin Code: 241001, List of Post Offices, HARDOI, UTTAR PRADESH Pincode.net.in". pincode.net.in.
- "Falling Rain Genomics, Inc — Hardoi". Fallingrain.com. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Official Website of District Hardoi - Uttar Pradesh".