Hardenberg city centre
Coat of arms
Location in Overijssel
|Coordinates: 52°34′N 6°37′E|
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Peter Snijders (VVD)|
|• Total||317.14 km2 (122.45 sq mi)|
|• Land||312.47 km2 (120.65 sq mi)|
|• Water||4.67 km2 (1.80 sq mi)|
|Elevation||9 m (30 ft)|
|• Density||194/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
7690–7704, 7707, 7770–7799
There are many cycling routes throughout Hardenberg. The Great Hardenburg Bicycle Race takes place each August, with the top 3 victors being named the "Wheeler-Kings" of the town and given lifetime passes to the local museum.
The N34 runs through Hardenberg, and is the major road.
De Boshoek is a sport park off the N34 in the outskirts of Hardenberg, near Ommen.
HHC Hardenberg is the local football club of Hardenberg.
De slag is the indoor-swimming pool of Hardenberg located in the outskirts of Hardenberg (across the hospital).
Towns and villages
In the town
In the municipality
- Balkbrug Benedenvaart
- De Belt
- De Haandrik
- De Kolonie
- De Krim
- Den Velde
- 't Haantje
- Albert Hardenberg (c.1510 in Rheeze – 1574) a Reformed theologian and Protestant reformer
- Henk Dorgelo (1894 in Dedemsvaart – 1961) a Dutch physicist and academic
- Anna Charlotte Ruys (1898 in Dedemsvaart – 1977) a Dutch professor of bacteriology and epidemiology
- Mien Ruys (1904 in Dedemsvaart – 1999) a Dutch landscape and garden architect
- August Aimé Balkema (1906 in Avereest – 1996) a Dutch book trader and publisher active in Amsterdam and South Africa
- Henk Bodewitz (born 1939 in Gramsbergen) is a Dutch Sanskrit scholar
- Martin Koster (born 1950 in Dedemsvaart) a Dutch writer in the Drèents variety of Dutch Low Saxon
- Joke Bouwstra (born 1956 in Hardenberg) a Dutch researcher and professor of drug administration at Leiden University
- Roel Kuiper (born 1962 in Mariënberg) a Dutch historian, philosopher, ideologue, politician and university professor
- Roos-Anne (Sanne) Hans (born 1984 in Dedemsvaart) known as lead singer of the band Miss Montreal is a Dutch singer-songwriter and guitar player
- Erik Hartsuiker (born 1940 in Avereest) a retired Dutch rower, bronze medallist at the 1964 Summer Olympics
- Helen Tanger (born 1978 in Hardenberg) is a rower and bronze medallist in the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Arne Slot (born 1978 in Bergentheim) a former Dutch professional footballer midfielder with 450 caps
- Kyra Lamberink (born 1996 in Bergentheim) a Dutch female track cyclist
- "Overzicht collegeleden" [Members of the board] (in Dutch). Gemeente Hardenberg. Archived from the original on 10 August 2014. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 7772BR". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.