Hans Tavsens Park
|Hans Tavsens Plads|
The central lawn
The central part of the park is dominated by lawns and large trees. The southeastern portion of the park is home to a staffed, public playground. The northwestern portion of the park, adjacent to Nørrebro Park School, is used for sports facilities.
A little further to the north west, next to the entrance to Assistens Cemetery, stands a bronze copy of Michelangelo's marble statue of Moses in San Pietro in Vincoli in Rome. The statue is owned by the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek but placed in the park on loan in 1924.
In 2016, a project for resesigning the park and Korsgade in a way that will protect the surrounding neighbourhood against flooding problems in connection with heavy rains was selected as the overall winner of the Nordic Council's Nordic Built Cities Challenge. The winning proposal, entitled "Soul of Nørrebro",was designed by SLA, Rambøll, ArkiLab, Den Nationale Platform for Gadeidræt, Aydin Soei and Social Action. The scheme will be realized in 2021-23.
- "80 gravsteder dukker op i københavnsk park". TV2 Lorry (in Danish). Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- "Hans Tavsens Gade". hovedstadshistorie.dk (in Danish). Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- "Artemisspringvandet". kk.sites.itera.dk (in Danish). Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- "Moses". kk.sites.itera.dk (in Danish). Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- "Nordic Built Cities Challenge". Nordic Innovation. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- "Københavnsk klimasikring vinder stor byudviklingspris". DR. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hans Tavsens Park.|
- "Soul of Nørrebro" redevelopment programme