Dorjee in 1982
|Full name||Hans Pieter Hendrik Dorjee|
|Date of birth||26 July 1941|
|Place of birth||Delft, Netherlands|
|Date of death||25 July 2002 60)(aged|
|Place of death||Delft, Netherlands|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Dorjee came through the youth system of hometown club DHC to make his senior debut for the club aged only 17. He lost the 1962 KNVB Cup final with DHC to Sparta. He then was snapped up by Xerxes, where he played alongside Rob Jacobs, Ab Fafié, Eddy Treytel and Willem van Hanegem only to return to Delft when Xerxes and DHC merged. The newly-formed club was dissolved a year later and Dorjee joined Holland Sport for whom he scored the final goal of their existence and moved on to Haarlem. He would never play a game for Haarlem after being injured in preseason.
Dorjee took up coaching after retiring as a player and won league titles with amateur sides Hermes DVS and Xerxes as well as with Eerste Divisie clubs Excelsior and DS'79. He also managed De Graafschap, with whom he suffered relegation from the Eredivisie, FC Vlaardingen and NAC.
The highlight of his professional career was being assistant to Guus Hiddink at PSV in the 1987-1990 seasons. Dorjee and Hiddink worked together for three full seasons and won the Eredivisie, KNVB Cup and UEFA Champions Cup in 1988. He stayed at the club when Hiddink left in 1990 and was succeeded by Bobby Robson, but Dorjee left the club in 1991.
Controversy at Feyenoord
He then was appointed manager of Feyenoord, but his time in charge was marred by heart problems and he was later dismissed after he accused the club of him being used and abused by Feyenoord in a Dutch newspaper.
He later was manager at FC Oss, the Dutch Olympic team and appointed assistant to Hiddink again when Holland played at UEFA Euro 1996. He quit coaching in 1998 due to medical reasons.
Dorjee died in Delft on 25 July 2002 and got a cardiac arrest (his third) during a game of tennis. He was going to celebrate his 61st birthday on 26 July, the day after his death.
- Gentleman Hans Dorjee voelde zich miskend (Bio) - Voetbal International (in Dutch)
- DS’79, de jaren tachtig - FC Dordrecht (in Dutch)
- Historie - De Graafschap (in Dutch)
- Hans Dorjee donderdag overleden - PSV (in Dutch)
- "Hans Dorjee Died in his native town Delft". PSV. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Dorjee was niet zomaar 'n assistent - Volkskrant (in Dutch)
- Feyenoord beraadt zich op stappen tegen Dorjee - NRC (in Dutch)
- OUD FEYENOORD-TRAINER HANS DORJEE OVERLEDEN - Feyenoord (in Dutch)
- 1994/1995 – Historie: Een goede greep, Hans Dorjee komt naar Oss - FC Oss (in Dutch)
- KNVB benoemt Dorjee tot Olympisch coach - Volkskrant (in Dutch)
- Hans Dorjee (60) overleden - Voetbal International (in Dutch)