Handy Andy (1934 film)
Handy Andy is a 1934 American comedy film directed by David Butler and written by William M. Conselman, Kubec Glasmon and Henry Johnson, adapted in turn from the play "Merry Andrew" by Lewis Beach. The film stars Will Rogers, Peggy Wood, Mary Carlisle, Paul Harvey, Frank Melton and Roger Imhof. The film was released on July 27, 1934, by Fox Film Corporation.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||David Butler|
|Produced by||Sol M. Wurtzel|
|Written by||Lewis Beach (play)|
William M. Conselman (screenplay)
Kubec Glasmon (screenplay)
Henry Johnson (screenplay)
|Music by||David Buttolph|
|Cinematography||Arthur C. Miller|
|Distributed by||Fox Film Corporation|
- Will Rogers as Andrew Yates
- Peggy Wood as Ernestine Yates
- Mary Carlisle as Janice Yates
- Paul Harvey as Charlie Norcross
- Frank Melton as Howard Norcross
- Roger Imhof as Doc Burmeister
- Robert Taylor as Lloyd Burmeister
- Grace Goodall as Mattie Norcross
- Jessie Pringle as Jennie
- Conchita Montenegro as Fleurette
- Adrian Rosley as Henri Duval
- Gregory Gaye as Pierre Martel
- Richard Tucker as Mr. Beauregard
- Helen Flint as Mrs. Beauregard
- "Handy Andy (1934) - Overview". TCM.com. 2015-06-10. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- Hall, Mordaunt (1934-08-04). "Movie Review - Handy Andy - Will Rogers, Peggy Wood and Mary Carlisle in a Film Version of the Play 'Merry Andrew.'". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "Handy Andy". Afi.com. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- By, D. W. (1934, Nov 25). TAKING A LOOK AT THE RECORD. New York Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/101193306