Half a Sinner (1934 film)
Half a Sinner is a 1934 American pre-Code drama film directed by Kurt Neumann and starring Sally Blane, Joel McCrea and Berton Churchill. It was based on the play Alias the Deacon, which was also the basis of 1927 and 1940 films.
|Half a Sinner|
|Directed by||Kurt Neumann|
|Produced by||Edmund Grainger|
Carl Laemmle Jr.
|Written by||LeRoy Clemens (play)|
John B. Hymer (play)
|Edited by||Philip Cahn|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
A con man poses as a hillbilly preacher.
- Sally Blane as Phyllis
- Joel McCrea as John Adams
- Berton Churchill as Deacon Caswell
- Alexandra Carlisle as Mrs. Mary Clarke
- Gay Seabrook as Louella
- Mickey Rooney as Willie Clark
- Spencer Charters as Noel Cunningham
- Russell Hopton as 'Slim' Sullivan
- Guinn 'Big Boy' Williams as 'Bull' Moran
- Theresa Maxwell Conover as Mrs. Gregory
- Reginald Barlow as Sheriff John King
- Bert Roach as Rumplemeyer
- Walter Brennan as Radio Announcer
- Dick p. 91
- Dick, Bernard F. City of Dreams: The Making and Remaking of Universal Pictures. University Press of Kentucky, 2015.