HSBC Tower (Midtown Manhattan)
The HSBC Tower is a 30-story office building located at 452 Fifth Avenue overlooking the New York Public Library Main Branch and Bryant Park, on the southwest corner of 40th Street and Fifth Avenue in Midtown Manhattan. The building, completed in 1984, is 400 feet (121.9 m) tall and has 30 stories. Since April 2010 it is owned by Property & Building Corporation (PBC). The firm bought the property from Midtown Equities and Israeli holding company IDB Group for $330 million in a lease-back deal. Asking rents at this Class A building are over $100 per square foot, according to the New York Observer, which make it amongst one of 80 buildings in New York City achieving triple digit rents.
Originally it was planned as part of a project consisting of two symmetrical towers facing each other on either side of the avenue to create a major gateway to lower Fifth Avenue. The building incorporates the new tower to three pre-existing buildings, one of which is the 10-story landmark Beaux-Arts Knox Building (1902) that served as the original headquarters for Republic National Bank of New York.
- Baker & McKenzie
- HSBC Bank USA
- KLS Diversified
- Man Group
- NCH Capital
- PBC USA Real Estate
- R.W. Pressprich
- StormHarbor Securities LP
- Tilden Park Capital Management
- TriPointe Capital Partners
- VTB Capital See Their Space
- Wood Mackenzie
- "HSBC Tower". CTBUH Skyscraper Center.
- HSBC Tower at Emporis
- Mashayekhi, Rey (May 29, 2015). "PBC has "no intention" of selling HSBC Tower in Bryant Park". The Real Deal. Retrieved April 18, 2016.
- Sanders, Sarabeth (October 6, 2009). "Cayre says $300M buy will be first of many". The Real Deal. Retrieved April 18, 2016.
- Ewing, Michael (December 6, 2013). "Tilden Park Capital Management Inks at 452 Fifth Avenue". The Commercial Observer. Retrieved April 18, 2016.
- Christian, Brazil Bautista (August 26, 2015). "452 Fifth dimension has Israeli owners on lookout for other space". Real Estate Weekly. Retrieved April 18, 2016.
- "Knox Building". National Register of Historic Places. Retrieved April 18, 2016.
- "452FifthAvenue". 452 Fifth Avenue Official website. Retrieved April 18, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to HSBC Tower (Midtown Manhattan).|