HMS Teviot Bank
SS Teviot Bank was a Bank Liner launched in 1938. She was requisitioned by the Royal Navy for conversion to the auxiliary minelayer HMS Teviot Bank. She was one of the first merchant ships (and the slowest) converted for this purpose during World War II. She served in home waters until transferred to the Eastern Fleet in 1941. She then served briefly in the Mediterranean before being returned to the Bank Line (Andrew Weir Shipping & Trading Co. Ltd) in 1944.
|Name:||HMS Teviot Bank|
|Fate:||returned to Bank Line, 1944|
|Notes:||Pennant number: M04|
|General characteristics as built|
|Class and type:||Auxiliary minelayer|
|Speed:||12 knots (22 km/h; 14 mph)|
- Lenton & Colledge, pp.306 & 308
- Mason, Geoffrey B. "Auxiliary Minelayers (Requisitioned from Trade)". Service Histories of Royal Navy Warships in World War 2. edited by Gordon Smith. naval-history.net. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- Lenton, H.T.; Colledge, J.J. (1968). British and Dominion Warships of World War II. Garden City, New York: Doubleday and Company.
- Rohwer, Jürgen (2005). Chronology of the War at Sea 1939–1945: The Naval History of World War Two (Third Revised ed.). Annapolis, Maryland: Naval Institute Press. ISBN 1-59114-119-2.