HMS Supply (1793)
|Acquired:||October 1793 by purchase|
|Fate:||Broken up 1806|
|Tons burthen:||388 bm|
|Beam:||29 ft 5 1⁄2 in (9.0 m)|
|Draught:||16 ft 5 1⁄2 in (5.0 m)|
|Armament:||10 × 4-pounder guns|
|Notes:||Constructed of birch|
The Navy commissioned her in April 1794 under Lieutenant William Kent. She sailed for Australia on 15 February 1795 in company with HMS Reliance. Supply then served as an armed vessel supporting the needs of the colony at Port Jackson. She made at least one voyage to Norfolk Island transferring prisoners there from New South Wales.
Supply and Reliance sailed in late 1796 to the Cape of Good Hope to gather supplies for the colony. She later returned to Sydney, arriving on 16 May 1797 carrying the stores Governor John Hunter had ordered and merino sheep for John Macarthur.
Kent left Port Jackson on 21 October 1800 as commander of HMS Buffalo. Buffalo left carrying Captain Hunter, by then the former governor of New South Wales. Lieutenant James Grant was to take command of Supply upon his arrival aboard HMS Lady Nelson on 16 December 1800, however he found Supply had been laid up as a hulk and had been condemned.
Supply was broken up in 1806.
Citations and references