|Builder:||Sir Raylton Dixon & Co.|
|Laid down:||1 March 1915|
|Launched:||11 May 1915|
|Fate:||Sold 29 January 1920|
|Class and type:||M15 class monitor|
|Length:||177 ft 3 in (54.03 m)|
|Beam:||31 ft (9.4 m)|
|Draught:||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
Intended as a shore bombardment vessel, M20's primary armament was a single 9.2 inch Mk VI gun removed from the Edgar-class cruiser HMS Gibraltar. In addition to her 9.2-inch gun she also possessed one 12 pounder and one six-pound anti-aircraft gun. She was equipped with a four-shaft Bolinder two-cylinder semi-diesel engine with 640 horsepower that allowed a top speed of eleven knots. The monitor's crew consisted of sixty-nine officers and men.
HMS M20 ordered in March, 1915, as part of the War Emergency Programme of ship construction. She was laid down at the Sir Raylton Dixon & Co. Ltd shipyard at Govan in March 1915, launched on 11 May 1915, and completed in July 1915.
World War 1
M20 was sold on 29 January 1920 for mercantile service as an oil tanker and renamed 'Lima'.
- Randal Gray (ed). Conway's All The World's Fighting Ships, 1906–1921. Conway Maritime Press. p. 48. ISBN 0-85177-245-5.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8.
- Dittmar, F. J. & Colledge, J. J., "British Warships 1914–1919", (Ian Allan, London, 1972), ISBN 0-7110-0380-7