HMS Kinross was a Hunt-class minesweeper of the Royal Navy. Kinross was a member of the Admiralty's modified design of Hunt-class minesweepers, which are known variously as the Aberdare class or Aberdare group.
Sister ship to HMS Kinross, HMS Aberdare in 1919
|Builder:||Fairfield Shipbuilding and Engineering Company|
|Launched:||4 July 1918|
|Out of service:||16 June 1919|
|Fate:||Sunk by mine 16 June 1919 in the Aegean Sea|
|Class and type:||Hunt-class minesweeper, Aberdare sub-class|
|Length:||231 ft (70 m)|
|Beam:||28 ft (9 m)|
|Draught:||8 ft (2 m)|
|Speed:||16 knots (30 km/h; 18 mph)|
|Range:||140 tons coal|
At the time of her loss HMS Kinross' was serving with the Mediterranean Fast Minesweeper Flotilla.
- On 16 June 11 men were lost in the sinking.
- BEAMES, John, Cook, M 7573
- BRACEWELL, Robinson, Chief Engine Room Artificer 1c, 270477
- BROOKS, Albert H, Stoker 1c, K 23341
- FLOOD, Arthur, Stoker Petty Officer, 292870
- JOYCE, Ralph, Stoker 1c, SS 118607
- LETHBRIDGE, James A, Stoker 1c, K 14459
- MONTE, Emilio, Officer's Steward 2c, 122493
- OLIVER, William S, Able Seaman, J 11034
- RICHARDS, Edward A, Stoker 1c, K 14474
- STONE, Henry T, Stoker 1c, K 17232
- WEBBER, Samuel C, Leading Stoker, 183706
- On 17 June 1 man died of wounds.
- MCCORQUODALE, Duncan, Engine Room Artificer 4c, M 33412
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8.
- Admiralty Estimates for 1919 (appendix) accessed 25 October 2016