HMS Abastor was a Royal Navy training establishment involved in the planning of PLUTO, the undersea pipeline that supplied the allied troops with fuel during the liberation of Europe in 1944. It was situated at Tilbury, Essex. There was another PLUTO training establishment under the name HMS Abatos at Woolston, Southampton.
|Commissioned:||1 November 1943|
|Decommissioned:||17 October 1945|
|Fate:||Decommissioned and closed down|
|Class and type:||Stone frigate|
Abastor's nominal depot ship was the NAB Interlude (43627), a Naval Auxiliary Boat which took the form of a petrol-driven harbour launch. It was in service as a depot ship from November 1, 1943 through til July 1945, which was when it was transferred back to being a harbour launch.
- Warlow, Ben (2000). Shore Establishments of the Royal Navy. Maritime Books. p. 12. ISBN 978-0-907771-74-6.