HMAS Lonsdale (naval base)
HMAS Lonsdale is a former Royal Australian Navy (RAN) training base that was located at Beach Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Originally named Cerberus III, the Naval Reserve Base was commissioned as HMAS Lonsdale on 1 August 1940 during the Second World War.
|Port Melbourne, Victoria in Australia|
Sailors at HMAS Lonsdale celebrate VE Day, May 1945.
|Type||Naval training base|
|In use||1 August 1940 – 1992|
- Bunnett, A; Halliburton, G; Webb, P (December 1971). "The Southern Base of the RAN". Naval Historical Review. Naval Historical Society of Australia. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "HMAS Lonsdale Site" (PDF). Community governance. City of Port Phillip. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- Houston, Cameron; Vedelago, Chris (10 February 2013). "Penthouse poised to set $20m record". Executive Style. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- Sandercock, Leonie; Dovey, Kim (2004). Fluid City: Transforming Melbourne's Urban Waterfront. Sydney: University of New South Wales Press. p. 227-32. ISBN 0868406694.
- Johnston, Chris (9 April 2014). "Is old Port sailing into the sunset?". The Age. Retrieved 11 August 2017.