|Builder:||Cockatoo Island Dockyard, Sydney|
|Laid down:||21 October 1918|
|Launched:||10 April 1919|
|Commissioned:||5 July 1920|
|Decommissioned:||14 November 1927|
|Length:||382 ft 1 in (116.46 m) (overall)|
|Beam:||54 ft (16 m)|
|Draught:||22 ft 6 in (6.86 m)|
|Propulsion:||Triple expansion reciprocating engines. 1 screw|
|Speed:||11 knots (20 km/h)|
|Armament:||Mountings for two 4-inch B.L. guns|
Biloela was built at Cockatoo Island Dockyard in Sydney, and was the first ship to be entirely built from Australian materials to an Australian design. She was completed on 5 July 1920 and supported the RAN's coal burning warships during peacetime training cruises. These warships were decommissioned in the second half of the 1920s, and Biloela was decommissioned into reserve on 14 November 1927.
While the RAN considered converting Biloela to a seaplane tender these plans did not eventuate and the ship was sold to a commercial company in March 1931. The ship was renamed several times, finally being renamed Cree. During World War II, the ship operated in European waters and was attacked by German aircraft and damaged by a mine in the early part of the war. Cree was eventually sunk by a German submarine on 21 November 1940.