|Born||9 June 1993|
|Listed height||191 cm (6 ft 3 in)|
|Listed weight||88 kg (194 lb)|
|Career highlights and awards|
After starting his career with Fjölnir, Gunnar moved to Keflavík in 2013. In September 2013, he helped Keflavík win the Icelandic Company Cup, defeating KR in the Cup finals. In January 2014, he was selected to the Icelandic All-Star game.
In 2014, he joined St. Francis College and played there for four years.
He returned to Keflavík in 2018 and averaged 14.1 points and 3.9 rebounds during the 2018–19 Úrvalsdeild karla season. After the season, he terminated his contract with Keflavík, siting his desire to play overseas.
On 4 December 2019, Gunnar signed with returned to the Úrvalsdeild karla and signed with Stjarnan.
National team career
Gunnar's uncle is former Icelandic national team player Falur Harðarson.
- "Tveir nýjir leikmenn til Keflavíkur - Guðmundur Jónsson og Gunnar Ólafsson". Keflavik.is (in Icelandic). 3 May 2013. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- Árni Jóhannsson (29 September 2013). "Umfjöllun og viðtöl: Keflavík fór illa með KR". Vísir.is (in Icelandic). Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "Stjörnuleikshátíð KKÍ · Karlaliðin". Icelandic Basketball Association (in Icelandic). 22 January 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- Bjarni Þórarinn Hallfreðsson (17 November 2018). "Körfuboltakvöld: Gunnar Ólafsson er að koma Fannari á óvart". Vísir.is (in Icelandic). Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- Óskar Ófeigur Jónsson (26 July 2019). "Rifti samningi sínum við Keflavík og vill komast út". Vísir.is (in Icelandic). Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- Davíð Eldur (9 August 2019). "Gunnar Ólafson til Oviedo – Ægir, Hörður og Haukur duglegir við að miðla upplýsingum". Karfan.is (in Icelandic). Retrieved 9 August 2019.
- "Tre Coggins y Gunnar Ólafsson dejan de ser jugadores del Liberbank Oviedo Baloncesto" (in Spanish). Oviedo CB. 22 November 2019.
- Óskar Ófeigur Jónsson (4 December 2019). "Stjörnumenn bæta við sig landsliðsmanni í körfunni: Gunnar í Garðabæinn". Vísir.is (in Icelandic). Retrieved 4 December 2019.
- Óskar Ófeigur Jónsson (17 May 2017). "Níu af tólf leikmönnum í karlalandsliðinu á Smáþjóðaleikunum í San Marínó eru nýliðar". Vísir.is (in Icelandic). Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- Valur Páll Eiríksson (22 May 2019). "Tveir nýliðar í landsliðshópnum". RÚV (in Icelandic). Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- Bjarni Helgason (26 July 2019). "Gunnar hættur í Keflavík". Morgunblaðið (in Icelandic). Retrieved 5 August 2019.