Guide Hachette des Vins
The Guide Hachette des Vins is a French wine buying guide published by Hachette Livre (Hachette Pratique). Its first edition was released in 1985. It is France's best-selling wine guide and one of France's oldest. The Guide Hachette des Vins is considered to be France' most authoritative guide and commonly referred to as the bible of the French wine industry.
Blind tasting panels
No fee is required to submit samples. Only the most recently bottled vintage is allowed to be submitted for blind tasting.
Wine tastings are organized locally in each region between January and May. Blind tasting sessions composed of a panel wine professionals (enologists, wine merchants, wine brokers, sommeliers) are organized with the Syndicat Viticole or Winegrower's Syndicate of each appellation present in the guide.
|Taster's grade||Wine Quality||Final Wine Rating|
|1||Poor or mediocre||Eliminated|
|2||Good||Commended (no stars)|
The top rated wines are subject to a second round of blind tasting. After the second tasting, the panel votes on one or two wines to receive Coup de Coeur [Judges' Favorite]. The Coup de Coeur is considered to be the highest recommendation.
The 2016 edition covers:
- "Le Guide Hachette des Vins : présentation et notation des vins". Hachettevins.com (in French). Hachette Livre. 12 August 2015. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Le Guide Hachette des Vins 2016 vient de paraître !". Hachette Vins (in French). Hachette Livre. 2 September 2015. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "This Week's Tasting The 'Little' Champagne that Ranked with the Best". Federal Wine & Spirits. 5 June 2013. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Le Guide Hachette des Vins". Wine-searcher. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Face value: After the musketeer". The Economist. 20 March 2003. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Wine Critics and Competitions". Big Red Wine Company. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- Fiorina, Tom (5 April 2013). "Bringing some 'international' taste to France's wine 'Bible'". The Vine Route. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- Goode, Jamie. "Buying guides". Wine Anorak. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- Corson-Schneider, Séverine; Cuperly, Christine; de Lavaur, Juliette (eds.). "Le Guide Hachette des Vins: Mode d'Emploi". Le Guide Hachette des Vins 2016 (in French). Vanves: Hachette Livre. p. 6. ISBN 9782013962643.
- isa (1 December 2014). "Coup de Coeur Guide Hachette des vins 2015 !!". Domaine de Maouries (in French). Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "CRU CLISSON 2010 : coup de coeur au GUIDE HACHETTE 2015". Domaine de l'Epinay (in French). Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Grand Ardèche blanc - Prix "Coup de Coeur" du Guide Hachette des Vins 2010". Thiébaud. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "COUP DE COEUR POUR LE GUIDE HACHETTE". Cave de Bonnieux. Retrieved 21 September 2015.