Groupe du Louvre
Groupe du Louvre is a French company, headquartered in Village 5, La Défense in Nanterre, France. Group de Louvre and Louvre Hotels Group was sold to Shanghai Jin Jiang International Hotels Development Co., Ltd. in 2015. The company was owned by the American investment company Starwood Capital Group, following its earlier purchase of Société du Louvre in December 2005. The range of hotel brands was extended in 2009 with the purchase of Golden Tulip Hospitality Group.
Louvre Group owns the European hotel brands Première Classe (1 star), Campanile (2-3 stars), Kyriad (2-3 stars), Kyriad Prestige (3 stars), Tulip Inn (3 stars), Golden Tulip (4 stars), and Royal Tulip (5 stars). Since 2009, the Golden Tulip hotels were integrated into the group following their purchase of Golden Tulip Hospitality Group from administration by Starwood Capital.
The luxury hotels division (previously known as Société du Louvre) can trace its origins to a company founded on 26 March 1855 to operate Les Galeries du Louvre, later Grands Magasins du Louvre, a department store and the Grand Hôtel du Louvre. These shared a large building on the Place du Palais Royal in Paris, France. The division is managed by the Societe Concorde Management Company, a subsidiary of the group trading under the Concorde Hotels & Resorts brand, with locations around the world.
The group previously owned the Paris Hôtel de Crillon but sold it at the end of 2010.
The group is the majority shareholder of Baccarat, a crystal manufacturer. Starwood Capital, through its subsidiary SH Group has launched the luxury Baccarat Hotels.
- "Contact." Groupe du Louvre. Retrieved on 27 June 2010.
- "Plan interactif." Nanterre. Retrieved on 27 June 2010.
- Group, Starwood Capital. "Starwood Capital Group completes the sale of Groupe du Louvre and Louvre Hotels Group to Shanghai Jin Jiang International Hotels Development Co., Ltd". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- Starwood Capital
- "Discover Louvre Hôtels." Louvre Hôtels. Retrieved on 27 June 2010.
- Reuters 7 July 2009 Retrieved on 5 August 2012.
- Vajda, Joanne (2008). "Les Pereire et les Nalgelmackers, promoteurs du transport ferroviaire et du réseau hôtelier parisien, 1855-1900". Revue d'histoire des chemins de fer (38): 27–44. doi:10.4000/rhcf.1256. ISSN 0996-9403. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- Concorde Hotels and Resorts
- BBC News 23 December 2010 Retrieved on 5 August 2012
- "Cosmetics giant snaps up French perfumery". Korea Joongang Daily. 4 August 2011. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Groupe du Louvre.|
- Group du Louvre
- Louvre Hotels Group
- Documents and clippings about Groupe du Louvre in the 20th Century Press Archives of the ZBW