Grindsted, with a population of 9,754 (1st January 2019), is the municipal seat and largest town of Billund Municipality, Denmark and belongs to the Region of Southern Denmark. It is located 42 km west of the major regional city of Vejle and 49 km northeast of the major harbour city Esbjerg. The postal code is 7200.
|Coordinates: 55.75819°N 8.92617°E|
|• Mayor||Ib Kristensen (Venstre)|
|• Municipality||536.51 km2 (207.15 sq mi)|
One of the main industries today is the DuPont factory which traces its roots back to the original chemical factory named Grindstedværket (Grindsted Products) founded by the Lundsgaard brothers. Through acquisitions by De Danske Spritfabrikker it became part of the Danisco corporation, but Danisco was acquired by DuPont in 2011, however the factory only switched name on 14 May 2012. Products from Grindsted are still marketed under the Danisco logo and name.
- Hein Heinsen (born 1935 in Grindsted) a Danish artist who has contributed to the Lutheran art of Scandinavia
- Carsten Thomassen (born 1948 in Grindsted) a Danish mathematician
- Allan Gaarde (born 1975) a Danish former professional footballer, 227 games and scored 48 goals for AaB
- Kian Hansen (born 1989) Danish footballer, plays for FC Midtjylland
- Michael Jepsen Jensen (born 1992 in Grindsted) a speedway rider
- "BY1: Population 1. January by urban areas, age and sex". statbank.dk. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- BY3: Population 1 January, by urban areas The Mobile Statbank from Statistics Denmark
- Merced, Michael J. de la (2011-01-09). "DuPont to Buy Danisco for $5.8 Billion". DealBook. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Svanevik, Jan (2012-05-14). "DuPont i Grindsted". TV SYD (in Danish). Retrieved 2019-10-04.