The Greymouth Star, formerly the Greymouth Evening Star is a daily newspaper published in Greymouth and circulated in Westland, New Zealand from Westport to Haast. It is New Zealand's sixth oldest daily newspaper and was founded by James Snyder Browne as a four-page daily on March 18, 1866. The newspaper celebrated 125 years in 1991 and in the same year Dunedin media company Allied Press purchased a majority shareholding.
|Type||Daily (except Sunday) newspaper|
|Headquarters||Greymouth, New Zealand|
- Hokitika Guardian: Monday to Friday morning newspaper in Hokitika, first published in 1865. Formerly known as The West Coast Times. 
- The West Coast Messenger: a free newspaper printed every Wednesday and distributed throughout Westland between Karamea, Haast and Murchison.
- The Kaikoura Star: a weekly subscriber paper. Purchased by the Grey Star in May 2018.
- "Press Audit Results". 30 September 2012. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- Greymouth Star on Allied Press website, viewed 2012-01-10.
- West Coast Times on Allied Press website, viewed 2012-01-10.
- West Coast Messenger on Allied Press website, viewed 2012-01-10.
- greystar.co.nz company website
- Greymouth Star news feed on Otago Daily Times news website
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.