Gretel Packer (born c. 1965) is an Australian billionaire investor and philanthropist.
|Born||1965 (age 53–54)|
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Known for||Packer family|
Packer is the daughter of Kerry Packer , a media mogul, and his wife, Roslyn Packer . She is the granddaughter of Sir Frank Packer. Following the death of her father and settlement with her brother, James, she inherited investments in Crown Resorts, and other companies.
Her philanthropic interests include a broad range of community activities and charities aligned to the arts, education, and environmental science. Her current positions include the Art Gallery of New South Wales where she is Vice-President of the Board of Trustees, Chair of the Advisory Board of Crown Resorts Foundation, Chair of the Packer Family Foundation, Chair of The Sydney Theatre Company Foundation, and a Founding Patron of the Taronga Zoo Conservation Science Initiative and a Founding Governor of the Taronga Zoo Foundation. She has held previous positions as a Director of the Royal Hospital for Women Foundation and as a Council Member of the Royal Botanical Gardens Foundation.
In May 2019, Packer's net worth was assessed as A$1.16 billion by the Financial Review Rich List, the eightieth richest Australian. Forbes Asia magazine assessed Packer's net worth at US$1.6 billion in January 2019, the twenty-sixth richest Australian.
- Nicholls, Stephen (7 March 2019). "Gretel Packer's $22m-plus offer to create Omnia super penthouse". Wentworth Courier. Retrieved 4 October 2019 – via realestate.com.au.
- Horney, Andrew (22 October 2015). "Private Sydney: Gretel Packer – birthday billionaire". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- "2019 Australia's 50 Richest". Forbes Asia. January 2019. Retrieved 28 September 2019.
- Bailey, Michael (30 May 2019). "Australia's 200 richest people revealed". The Australian Financial Review. Nine Publishing. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- Sharp, Annette (10 August 2013). "Gretel Packer steps out with her boys". Daily Telegraph. Australia. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- "Baby boy for Gretel Packer". The Sydney Morning Herald. AAP. 29 January 2006. Retrieved 31 March 2010.
- Albert, Jane (2 May 2019). "The 5 wealthy women who championed Sydney Modern". The Australian Financial Review. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- Kitney, Damon (2018). "The ties that bind". The Australian. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- "Art Gallery of NSW Board of Trustees". About us. Art Gallery of New South Wales. n.d. Retrieved 4 October 2019.