Greenup Township, Cumberland County, Illinois
Location in Cumberland County
Cumberland County's location in Illinois
|Coordinates: 39°13′N 88°9′W|
|Established||November 6, 1860|
|• Total||47.47 sq mi (122.9 km2)|
|• Land||47.43 sq mi (122.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.06%|
|Elevation||594 ft (181 m)|
|• Density||50.9/sq mi (19.7/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
62420, 62428, 62468
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 47.47 square miles (122.9 km2), of which 47.43 square miles (122.8 km2) (or 99.92%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.06%) is water. The Embarras River defines a portion of the township's western border.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Block, Boots, Greenup, Harmony, Liberty Hill, Paul and Peach Orchard.
- Casey-Westfield Community Unit School District 4c
- Cumberland Community Unit School District 77
- Jasper County Community Unit School District 1
- State House District 109
- State Senate District 55
- "Greenup Township, Cumberland County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.