Great British Garden Revival
Great British Garden Revival is a British documentary television series that was first broadcast on BBC Two on 9 December 2013. The series was presented by Monty Don, Carol Klein, Joe Swift, Rachel De Thame, James Wong, Tom Hart Dyke, Chris Beardshaw, Alys Fowler, Charlie Dimmock, Diarmuid Gavin, Christine Walkden, Toby Buckland, Sarah Raven and Matt James. Each episode shows two presenters focusing on an endangered part of gardens.
|Great British Garden Revival|
|Also known as||Factual|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||10 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Bridget Boseley|
|Production company(s)||Outline Productions|
|Original release||9 December 2013 –|
21 January 2015
A second series aired on 6–21 January 2015
Great British Garden Revival was commissioned by Lindsay Bradbury of BBC Daytime and executive produced by Bridget Boseley. The series consists of ten episodes and was made by Outline Productions for BBC Two. The series was developed by Ross McCarthy, Outline Productions' head of development and Helen Veale, creative director. Great British Garden Revival was distributed by Hat Trick International at Mipcom.
Episode list (Series 1)
|#||Title||Presented by||Original air date||UK viewers|
|1||"Wild Flowers and Front Gardens"||Monty Don and Joe Swift||9 December 2013||1.55|
|2||"Topiary and Roof Gardens"||Rachel De Thame and James Wong||12 December 2013||1.49|
|3||"Cottage Gardens and House Plants"||Carol Klein and Tom Hart Dyke||13 December 2013||N/A|
|4||"Cut Flowers and Trees"||Rachel De Thame and Joe Swift||6 January 2014||N/A|
|5||"Rock Gardens and Herb Gardens"||Carol Klein and Toby Buckland||7 January 2014||1.63|
|6||"Glasshouses and Shrubs"||Diarmuid Gavin and Matt James||8 January 2014||N/A|
|7||"Ponds and Stumperies"||Charlie Dimmock and Chris Beardshaw||9 January 2014||1.66|
|8||"Lawns and Tropical Gardens"||Sarah Raven and James Wong||10 January 2014||N/A|
|9||"Ornamental Bedding and Fruit Trees"||Christine Walkden and Toby Buckland||13 January 2014||1.46|
|10||"Herbaceous Borders and Kitchen Gardens"||Chris Beardshaw and Alys Fowler||14 January 2014||1.83|
- "BBC hoping its new show will be a blooming success". The Guardian. 5 November 2013. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- Cumming, Ed (12 November 2013). "Time for a Great British Garden Revival". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- Appleby, Matthew (24 October 2013). "TV series targetting 'endangered' aspects of gardening starts this December". Horticulture Week. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- Philipson, Alice (5 November 2013). "Forget paving and patios: new BBC show aims to revive interest in traditional kitchen garden". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- "BBC Two unveils a Great British Garden Revival". BBC. 13 November 2013. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- Pippa, Considine (26 September 2013). "Outline: 14 TV gardeners to inspire Garden Revival on BBC2". Televisual. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- "BARB Top 30s".