Gransee is a town in the Oberhavel district, in Brandenburg, Germany. It is situated 20 km south of Fürstenberg/Havel, and 55 km northwest of Berlin. An important monument in the centre of town is the cast-iron and stone Memorial to Queen Luise (Luisendenkmal), which was designed by the German architect Karl Friedrich Schinkel in the neo-gothic style.
Coat of arms
|Coordinates: 53°00′25″N 13°09′31″E|
|Municipal assoc.||Gransee und Gemeinden|
|• Mayor||Mario Gruschinske (Ind.)|
|• Total||121.15 km2 (46.78 sq mi)|
|Elevation||55 m (180 ft)|
|• Density||48/km2 (130/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
A sport airfield is situated in the eastern part of the town. It is one of the major drop zones in the vicinity of Berlin.
The local council has 19 members:
- Christian Democratic Union: 5 seats
- Social Democratic Party of Germany: 5 seats
- The Left: 3 seats
- Voters association Gransee: 3 seats
- Voters association Citizens for Gransee: 2 seats
- Mayor: 1 seat
Local elections in Brandenburg May 25, 2014
- "Bevölkerung im Land Brandenburg nach amtsfreien Gemeinden, Ämtern und Gemeinden 31. Dezember 2018". Amt für Statistik Berlin-Brandenburg (in German). July 2019.
- Detailed data sources are to be found in the Wikimedia Commons.Population Projection Brandenburg at Wikimedia Commons