Grand Haven South Pierhead Entrance Light
Grand Haven South Pierhead Entrance Light is the outer light of two lighthouses on the south pier of Grand Haven, Michigan where the Grand River enters Lake Michigan. A lighthouse was first lit there in 1839. The lighthouse was put up for sale in 2009 under the National Historic Lighthouse Preservation Act. The City of Grand Haven now owns the pier, but it is maintained by the Army Corps of Engineers.
South Pierhead Entrance Light with inner light also shown
|Location||Grand Haven, Michigan|
|Year first constructed||1905|
|Year first lit||1905|
|Tower height||36 feet (11 m)|
|Original lens||7.5 inches (190 mm)|
|Range||17 nautical miles (31 km; 20 mi)|
- GRAND HAVEN SOUTH PIERHEAD LIGHTS
- "Historic Light Station Information and Photography: Michigan". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office. Archived from the original on 2017-05-01. Retrieved 2007-05-25.
- "NHLPA 2009 Program, Notices of Availability". www.nps.gov/maritime. Retrieved June 6, 2009.
- "Public safety and lakeshore piers". WZZM 13. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Grand Haven Lights.|
- Interactive map on Michigan lighthouses, Detroit News
- Interactive map of lighthouses in southern Lake Michigan
- Lighthouse Friends (Grand Haven Light)
- Map of Michigan Lighthouse in PDF Format
- Michigan Lighthouse Conservancy, Grand Haven Lighthouse
- National Park Service Inventory of Historic Lighthouses, Maritime Heritage, Grand Haven South Pierhead light.
- Terry Pepper, Seeing the Light, Grand Haven Pier Light
- Rowlett, Russ. "Lighthouses of the United States: Michigan's Western Lower Peninsula". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- "Historic Light Station Information and Photography: Michigan". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office. Archived from the original on 2017-05-01.
- Wobser, David, boatnerd.com, Grand Haven South Pier and Pierhead Lights