Goode Township, Franklin County, Illinois
Location in Franklin County
Franklin County's location in Illinois
|Coordinates: 38°04′50″N 89°05′05″W|
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||28.22 sq mi (73.1 km2)|
|• Land||27.93 sq mi (72.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.29 sq mi (0.8 km2) 1.03%|
|Elevation||433 ft (132 m)|
|• Density||97.2/sq mi (37.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
62865, 62883, 62884
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.22 square miles (73.1 km2), of which 27.93 square miles (72.3 km2) (or 98.97%) is land and 0.29 square miles (0.75 km2) (or 1.03%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Sesser (vast majority)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Bear Point, Maple Hill, Mitchell and Youngblood.
- Sesser-Valier Community Unit School District 196
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 117
- State Senate District 59
- "Goode Township, Franklin County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.