Good Morning and... Goodbye!
|Good Morning and... Goodbye!|
|Directed by||Russ Meyer|
|Written by||Russ Meyer|
|Music by||Igo Kantor|
In a country town, farmer Burt is married to the much younger Angel but cannot satisfy her sexually. Angel has an affair with a construction worker, Stone. Lana is Burt's 17 year old daughter to another woman. She tries to seduce Ray but he is more interested in Angel so Lana winds up with Stone. Burt meers a sorceress in the forest who rejuvenates his sexual drive, leading him to be reunited with Angel. Lana winds up with Ray. Stone is beaten up by the husband of one of his earlier conquests.
- Alaina Capril as Angel
- Stuart Lancaster as Burt
- Pat Wright as Stone
- Haji as The Catalyst
- Karen Ciral as Lana
- Don Johnson as Ray
- Tom Howland as Herb
- Megan Timothy as Lottie
- Toby Adler as Betty
- Sylvia Tedemar as Go-go dancer
The cast included regular Meyer actress, Haji, who recalled:
I did all my own costuming. I got up hours ahead of time to put those costumes together. I would just go out with a big bag and collect rose petals! I was late one morning for breakfast, and Russ -- he would sit at the head of the table -- he said, "Where were you?!" I shook the bag and said, "I was in the woods cutting down my costume!" I'd tape rose petals in my hair, on my breasts, and between my legs, and that would be my costume. I glued dead bugs on my cheeks and put green sticks and moss in my hair.
Roger Ebert later wrote that the film, along with Common Law Cabin, was "not among Meyer's best later work. The plots are too diffuse to maintain dramatic tension, the acting is indifferent, and there is an uncharacteristic amount of aimless dialogue. In retrospect, however, these films can be seen as Meyer's gradual disengagement from plot."
- King Leer By STEVEN M. LOVELADY Wall Street Journal 24 Apr 1968: 1.
- "Interview with Haji". Shock Magazine.
- Good Morning and Goodbye!' Opens Weiler, A H. New York Times 20 Feb 1968: 53.
- RUSS MEYER: King of the Nudies Ebert, Roger. Film Comment; New York Vol. 9, Iss. 1, (Jan/Feb 1973): 35-46.
- King Leer: Top 'Nudie'Film-Maker, Russ Meyer, Scrambles To Outshock BigStudios Public By STEVEN M. LOVELADY Wall Street Journal24 Apr 1968: 1.
- Good Morning... and Goodbye! on IMDb
- Good Morning and Goodbye at TCMDB
- Good Morning and... Goodbye! at AllMovie
- Good Morning and Goodbye at Letter Box