Glen Muirhead (born 10 April 1989) is a Scottish curler from Blair Atholl. He competed for Great Britain at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. Glen's brother Thomas and sister Eve are also British curlers, and their father Gordon is also a former professional curler.
|Born||10 April 1989|
|Curling club||Dunkeld CC|
|2 (2014, 2016)|
|3 (2015, 2016, 2017)|
Glen Muirhead is the brother of Olympic bronze medalist Eve Muirhead, and his brother Thomas is also a professional curler. Their father Gordon won a gold medal at the 1994 European Curling Championships, and was an alternate for the team that won the 1999 World Curling Championships. Aside from curling, Glen and Thomas rear sheep near Crieff.
Muirhead began his curling career playing for Logan Gray's team. In 2014, Glen and his brother Thomas joined Tom Brewster's curling team, and also competed in the 2015 World University Games. In 2016, Glen competed against his brother Thomas, losing the match 4-2. In 2016, he was part of the Scotland team that reached the final of the Grand Slam of Curling. Muirhead was on the team that came second at the 2017 European Curling Championships. After finishing in the top eight at the 2017 World Curling Championships, Team Smith, led by Kyle Smith, qualified for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. Muirhead was selected as the alternate for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. Glen's brother Thomas was chosen as the third for the men's curling team, and his sister Eve was chosen to skip the women's curling team.
- "Winter Olympics 2018: Great Britain's team for Pyeongchang". BBC Sport. 12 December 2017. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Curling – Men: World Championships". sports123.com. Retrieved 21 March 2008.
- Smith, Andrew (17 November 2017). "Thomas Muirhead aiming to show it's not all about Eve". The Scotsman. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- Brazeau, Jonathan (15 September 2016). "Thomas Muirhead making name for himself on curling tour". Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- Ferrie, Kevin (17 February 2017). "The silence and the lambs: how curling's Thomas Muirhead is looking to give big brother Glen a chilling experience". The Herald. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- Ferrie, Kevin (11 February 2014). "Curling: Tough acts to follow, but Glen on right path". The Herald. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- Bannerman, Gordon (14 November 2014). "Thomas Muirhead plans to emulate sister Eve's curling achievements". Daily Record. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Glen Muirhead". Team GB. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- "2018 Winter Olympics: GB men secure curling place". BBC Sport. 7 April 2017. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- MacBeath, Amy (22 June 2017). "Eve Muirhead will be joined by brothers Tom and Glen at the 2018 Winter Olympics". BBC Sport. Archived from the original on 13 September 2017. Retrieved 28 December 2017.