Gladys del Pilar
Gladys Del Pilar
Gladys Del Pilar in Stockholm at Gröna Lund in 2014
|Birth name||Eva Gladys del Pilar Werner|
|Born||11 October 1967|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Dancer, Musical Artist|
Gladys mother noticed Gladys had an interest in music and made sure she attended a local music school.
She was asked to provide back-up vocals for Big Deal, a popular local rock band. Gladys and the sound engineer at Big Deal's recording studio formed the house music group Real Power. They soon became associated with the Nordik beat scene and signed to SweMix Records. ‘’Real Power’’ released the single "Trust" which received plenty of radio play. She provided back-up vocals for many Nordik beat/SweMix acts such as Kayo and DJ's. Gladys began working with Denniz Pop and we wrote the single "Made Up My Mind" which became a huge hit and topped the charts. Dr. Alban was the same record label, and toured in Europe together with Gladys as a guest artist.
In 1992 she was named Best Newcomer at DJ Music Awards The following year she appeared on stage with ABBA-the True Story at Berns, and Fame at the China Theater.
In 1994, Gladys was in Melodifestivalen, the Swedish pre-selection for Eurovision Song Contest and came in second with The most beautiful thing I know. The next year she performed as part of the cabaret Hot'n Tot up at Berns. It was Gladys, Blossom Tainton-Lindquist, Vivian Cardinal, and Francesca Quartey. The show was a success and they took the show o the road and toured Sweden. She and Blossom Tainton-Lindquist, would later collaborate on other projects.
Glads has performed on many recordings as part of a group, back up vocals or as a featured vocalist on house/club records. She released her first solo album, Movin 'On, on Eagle Records in 1996. Since the late 90's Gladys visits various gospel choirs and lends his voice to Disney films. She works again with colleagues Blossom Tainton-Lindquist and Kayo Shekoni as the group Afro-dite. At first they concentrated on the business job, but gradually it became even more public concerts.
She won Melodifestivalen 2002 as a member of Afro-dite with the song Never Let It Go, and participated in the Eurovision Song Contest in Tallinn, Estonia. The single sold platinum in a few months, and full-length CD goes straight to 13th spot on the list of the 40 best-selling albums in Sweden.
Gladys has a huge interest in food and owns and operates a food and music catering business. She has also been featured in various Swedish television shows such as Så ska det låta, Postkodkampen cooking show Teatersupén .
- "Unlimited Music – Gladys Del Pilar". Unlimitedmusic.se. Archived from the original on 18 August 2010.
- "Kyrkan sjunger även i Sunnersbergs församling". Lidkopingsnytt.nu. 26 March 2010.
- Johan Rhen. "Disneyania | Disneys Herkules". D-zine.se.
- "Svenska röster & credits – Herkules (Disney) (Dubbningshemsidan)" (in Swedish). Dubbningshemsidan.se.
- Anna Hedlund (13 May 2006). "Schlagerdrömmar kan snabbt dö". DN.SE. Archived from the original on 25 May 2012.
- PM (7 April 2006). "Afro-Dite och Viktor på barnturné". DN.SE. Archived from the original on 29 July 2012.
- Stockholm TT Spektra (27 April 2010). "Afro-Dite gör comeback | Kultur | SvD" (in Swedish). Svd.se.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20100813015233/http://www.knnailproducts.se/nyheter/nyheter.html. Archived from the original on 13 August 2010. Retrieved 6 April 2010. Missing or empty
- Bertil Mollberger (6 April 2006). "Så ska det låta nu". DN.SE. Archived from the original on 29 July 2012.
- "Krossade revbenen | TV | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladet". Aftonbladet.se. 12 July 2010.
- Tweet Stockholm TT Spektra (8 December 2009). "Stjärnorna i köket i SVT i vinter | Kultur | SvD" (in Swedish). Svd.se.
- TTSpektra (15 November 2006). "Gladys del Pilar gör "Carmen" | Kultur | SvD" (in Swedish). Svd.se.
- Therese Alhult Frilansjournalist (13 March 2009). "I söndags steg Gladys del Pilar ner i dopgraven – Dagen". Dagen.se. Archived from the original on 26 September 2009.
- Gladys del Pilar Summer blogg