Gildersleeve on Broadway
Gildersleeve on Broadway is a 1943 American film starring Harold Peary as his radio character The Great Gildersleeve. It is the third of four Gildersleeve features, others were The Great Gildersleeve (1942), Gildersleeve's Bad Day (1943), Gildersleeve's Ghost (1944).
|Gildersleeve on Broadway|
|Directed by||Gordon Douglas|
|Produced by||Herman Schlom|
|Written by||Robert E. Kent|
|Music by||Constantin Bakaleinikoff|
|Edited by||Les Millbrook|
|Distributed by||RKO Radio Pictures|
- Harold Peary as Throckmorton P. Gildersleeve
- Billie Burke as Mrs. Laura Chandler
- Claire Carleton as Francine Gray
- Richard LeGrand as Mr. Peavey
- Freddie Mercer as Leroy Forrester
- Hobart Cavanaugh as Homer
- Margaret Landry as Marjorie Forrester
- Leonid Kinskey as Window Washer
- Ann Doran as Matilda Brown
- Lillian Randolph as Birdie
- Mike Road as Jimmy Clark
- unbilled players include Lawrence Tierney, Barbara Hale and Dorothy Malone, as well as Jack Norton and Walter Tetley.
- "Gildersleeve on Broadway (1943)". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- Miller, Frank. "Articles: Gildersleeve on Broadway". Turner Classic Movies. Archived from the original on April 1, 2016. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
The film also marks the screen debut of Lawrence Tierney as a taxi driver and features Barbara Hale and Dorothy Malone in early bit parts
- "Hollywood Star Walk: Dorothy Malone". LATimes.com. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
RKO Pictures signed the then-brunette Maloney at 18, and she made her film debut in 1943's Gildersleeve on Broadway...
- Gildersleeve on Broadway on IMDb
- Gildersleeve on Broadway at AllMovie
- Gildersleeve on Broadway at the TCM Movie Database
- Gildersleeve on Broadway at the American Film Institute Catalog