Gilda Olvidado (born 9 August 1957 in Cebu City, Cebu) is a Filipino movie and television writer, and melodrama novelist. Her novels have been turned into live-action movies by VIVA Films, and also been remade for television through Sine Novela.
Olvidado's parents are Gregorio Tan and Guarda Olvidado. She lived and received early education in Maranding, Lanao del Norte, Northern Mindanao. Olvidado is the wife of Ruben Marcelino, a former editor-in-chief of the Atlas Publishing Company, with whom she had two children.
Olvidado's first serial in Philippine comics was Cha Lee's Angels, a comedy. Her second serial was Kapag Puso ang Nagsasakdal, a drama. Olvidado decided to focus on writing drama in Philippine comics after the satisfactory acceptance of Kapag Puso ang Nagsasakdal by readers. Olvidado authored other Philippine comics novels such as Sinasamba Kita (1982), Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin? (1984), Kung Mahawi Man Ang Ulap (1984), Ina, Kasusuklaman Ba Kita? (1985), Huwag Mo Kaming Isumpa (1986), Huwag Mong Itanong Kung Bakit (1986), Pinulot Ka Lang sa Lupa (1987), Saan Nagtatago ang Pag-ibig (1987), Magkano ang Iyong Dangal (1988), and Babangon Ako at Dudurgin Kita (1989). Olvidado wrote the Philippine comics novels entitled Mirasol for Gwapo Komiks, Kumurap ang Buwan for Klasik Komiks, and The Babe and the Beast for Super Funny Komix.
She proceeded to authoring Tagalog romance paperbacks for Valentine Romances, Twin Hearts, and Gemini pocketbooks. In 1993, Olvidado published her own line of Tagalog pocketbook novels.
Olvidado wrote in the erotica genre in the Brilgint section of the tabloid newspaper Abante.
Olvidado wrote the screenplays for Filipino films such as Tayo na sa Dilim (1990), Maya (1990), and Bakit Kay Tagal ng Sandali (1990).
Olvidado co-wrote the Filipino telenovelas for Sinasamba Kita (2007), Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap (2007), Babangon Ako’t Dudurugin Kita (2008) and Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin (2009). She co-wrote the melodrama television shows such as My Only Love (2007-2008) and Kaputol ng Isang Awit (2008). Olvidado is currently a resident writer of GMA Network.
Olvidado wrote for the radio serial Dahlia aired over the DWWW radio station.
Olvidado was awarded Best Story for the film Saan Nagtatago ang Pag-ibig during the 36th FAMAS Awards ceremonies in 1987. FAMAS nominated her for Best Story for the movies entitled Sinasamba Kita (1982), Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap (1984), at Huwag Mong Itanong Kung Bakit (1988).
The following is an enumeration of Olvidado's works:
- Huwag Mo Kaming Isumpa (1981, novel)
- Sinasamba Kita (1982, novel)
- Kung Mahawi Man Ang Ulap (1984, novel)
- Ina, Kasusuklaman Ba Kita (1985, novel)
- Pinulot ka lang sa Lupa (1987, novel)
- Saan Nagtatago Ang Pag-Ibig (1987, novel and screenplay)
- Magkano Ang Iyong Dangal (1988, screenplay)
- Kung Kasalanan Man (1989, novel and screenplay)
- Babangon Ako't Dudurugin Kita (1989, novel and screenplay)
- Tayo Na Sa Dilim (1990, screenplay)
- Maya (1990, screenplay)
- Bakit Kay Tagal ng Sandali (1990, screenplay)
- Sinasamba Kita' (2007, novel and co-writer)
- Kung Mahawi Man Ang Ulap (2007, novel and co-writer)
- My Only Love (2007-2008, co-writer)
- Kaputol ng Isang Awit (2008, co-writer)
- Babangon Ako't Dudurugin Kita (2008, novel and co-writer)
- Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin? (2009, novel and co-writer)
- Ina, Kasusuklaman Ba Kita? (2009, novel)
- Temptation of Wife (2012 TV series) (2012–present, writer,co-producer)
- The Half Sisters (2014-2016, writer)
- Magkano Ang Iyong Dangal? (2010, novel)