|Headquarters||Culver City, California, U.S.|
(Sony Pictures Entertainment)
The company was formed in March 2015 by Sony Pictures Entertainment in order to create a Ghostbusters cinematic universe and expand the Ghostbusters brand into films, television series, and merchandise. The company is headed by Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd, along with Reitman's Montecito Picture Company partners Tom Pollock and Joe Medjuck.
Its second project, a sequel titled Ghostbusters: Afterlife has been announced by Sony Pictures and Ghost Corps and will be released on July 10, 2020. The film takes place in the original timeline set by the first two films. Jason Reitman, Ivan Reitman's son, has been confirmed to direct, and a teaser trailer was released on January 15, 2019.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment (25 October 2017). "Sony Pictures Consumer Products And Netflix Team Up With Reebok And BAIT As "Stranger Things" Kids Get Their Ghostbusters™ On". PR Newswire. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "SONY PICTURES, MADAME TUSSAUDS NEW YORK AND THE VOID TEAM FOR "GHOSTBUSTERS"-THEMED IMMERSIVE, VIRTUAL REALITY EXPERIENCE". Sony Pictures. 2016-05-09. Retrieved 2017-05-29.
Ghost Corps, Inc., a subsidiary of Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc.,
- Borys Kit (2015-03-09). "Sony Plans 'Ghostbusters' Cinematic Universe". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- Justin Kroll (2015-03-09). "Ghost Corps production company will create Ghostbusters movie universe". Variety. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
- "Jason Reitman to Direct New 'Ghostbusters' Movie". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-05-22.