Gertan Klauber playing the baker Albert Schoenfeld
|Died||1 August 2008 76) (aged|
Klauber was born in Czechoslovakia, and after training at the Birmingham Theatre School, his stage appearances included with the RSC and the National Theatre. He played small roles in many of the Carry On films and appeared in numerous television productions, often playing minor villains, including episodes of The Saint, The Professionals, Danger Man, The Avengers, twice in Doctor Who as The Galley Master in The Romans and as Ola in The Macra Terror and as mad king George III in Blackadder the Third. He appeared in the TV musical Pickwick for the BBC in 1969. He also played a servile yet pompous waiter in one episode, "The Old Magic", of Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?.
- Battle of the V-1 (1958) - SS Guard - Stefan at Dentist (uncredited)
- Don't Panic Chaps! (1959) - Schmidt
- Beyond the Curtain (1960) - Reception Clerk (uncredited)
- The Hands of Orlac (1960) - Fairground attendant (uncredited)
- The Breaking Point (1961) - Lofty
- Three on a Spree (1961) - Joe
- The Kitchen (1961) - Gaston
- The Pursuers (1961) - Bernstein
- Hot Enough for June (1964) - Technician in Czech Glass Factory
- Carry On Spying (1964) - Code Clerk
- Carry On Cleo (1964) - Marcus
- Operation Crossbow (1965) - Security Guard at Rocket Plant (uncredited)
- Dateline Diamonds (1965) - Meverhof
- The Big Job (1965) - Milkman
- The Deadly Affair (1966) - Businessman (uncredited)
- Follow That Camel (1967) - Algerian Spiv (uncredited)
- Carry On Doctor (1967) - Wash Orderly
- Vendetta for the Saint (1969) - Renato
- Before Winter Comes (1969) - Russian Major
- Scream and Scream Again (1970) - Border Guard (uncredited)
- Cry of the Banshee (1970) - Tavern Keeper
- Wuthering Heights (1970)
- Venom (aka The Legend of Spider Forest) (1971) - Kurt
- Carry On Henry (1971) - Bidet
- Our Miss Fred (1972) - German Officer (uncredited)
- The Pied Piper (1972) - Town Cryer
- Up the Front (1972) - Donner
- Carry On Abroad (1972) - Postcard Seller
- Soft Beds, Hard Battles (1974) - 3rd Gestapo Agent
- Percy's Progress (1974) - Pablo
- Upstairs, Downstairs (1974) (episode:"The Beastly Hun") - Albert Schoenfeld
- Operation: Daybreak (1975) - Kubelwagen Driver (uncredited)
- The Seven-Per-Cent Solution (1976) - The Pasha
- Carry On Emmannuelle (1978) - German Soldier
- Bad Timing (1980) - Ambulance Man
- Octopussy (1983) - Bubi
- Top Secret! (1984) - Mayor of Berlin
- The Living Daylights (1987) - Fairground Cafe Owner (uncredited)
- Blackadder the Third (1987) George III - (episode 6: "Duel and Duality") - King George III, a mad monarch
- Jack the Ripper (1988) - Diemschutz
- Backbeat (1994) - Pimp
- "Gertan Klauber". BFI.
- Gaughan, Gavin (November 28, 2008). "Obituary: Gertan Klauber" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Gertan Klauber | Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- "Gertan Klauber". www.aveleyman.com.
- "Pickwick (1969)". BFI.
- "BBC One - Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?, Series 1, The Old Magic". BBC.