Gerry Mulligan Meets Stan Getz
Gerry Mulligan Meets Stan Getz (also released as Getz Meets Mulligan in Hi-Fi) is an album by American jazz saxophonists Gerry Mulligan and Stan Getz featuring performances recorded in 1957 released on the Verve label.
|Gerry Mulligan Meets Stan Getz|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||October 12, 1957 |
Los Angeles, California
|Label||Verve MGV 8249|
|Stan Getz chronology|
|Gerry Mulligan chronology|
|Getz Meets Mulligan in Hi-Fi Cover|
The Allmusic site awarded the album 3 stars.
- "Let's Fall in Love" (Harold Arlen, Ted Koehler) - 6:25
- "Anything Goes" (Cole Porter) - 3:35
- "Too Close for Comfort" (Jerry Bock, Larry Holofcener, George David Weiss) - 6:54
- "That Old Feeling" (Sammy Fain, Lew Brown) - 5:55
- "This Can't Be Love"" (Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) - 8:44
- "A Ballad" (Gerry Mulligan) - 5:41
- "Scrapple from the Apple" (Charlie Parker) - 8:05 Bonus track on CD reissue
- "I Didn't Know What Time It Was" (Rogers, Hart) - 8:59 Bonus track on CD reissue
Tracks 7 and 8 originally appeared on a LP with Oscar Peterson trio tracks comprising Side B (MGV-8348)
- Verve Records Catalog: 8200 series accessed February 23, 2016
- Discography of the Verve, Clef and Norgran labels accessed February 23, 2016
- Gerry Mulligan Discography Archived April 22, 2012, at the Wayback Machine accessed February 23, 2016
- Gerry Mulligan Meets Stan Getz – Review at AllMusic. Retrieved February 23, 2016.