Geronimo (1962 film)
Geronimo is a 1962 Technicolor Western film made by Levy-Gardner-Laven and released by United Artists, starring Chuck Connors in the title role. The film was directed by Arnold Laven from a screenplay by Pat Fielder, filming took place in Sierra de Órganos National Park in the town of Sombrerete, Mexico .
|Directed by||Arnold Laven|
|Produced by||Arnold Laven|
Jules V. Levy
|Written by||Pat Fielder, Arnold Laven|
|Music by||Hugo Friedhofer|
|Edited by||Marsh Hendry|
|Distributed by||Bedford Pictures Inc.|
|May 1, 1962|
The following year, Connors married his costar, Kamala Devi.
The movie loosely follows the events leading up to the final surrender of Geronimo in 1886.
- Chuck Connors as Geronimo
- Kamala Devi as Teela
- Pat Conway as Captain William Maynard
- Armando Silvestre as Natchez
- Adam West as Lieutenant John Delahay
- Lawrence Dobkin as General George A. Crook
- Ross Martin as Mangas
- Denver Pyle as Senator Conrad
- Eduardo Noriega as Colonel Morales
- John Anderson as Jeremiah Burns
- Enid Jaynes as Huera
- Nancy Rodman as Mrs. Marsh
- Amanda Ames as Mrs. Burns
- Claudio Brook as Mr. Henry
In November 1957 the producing team of Arnold Laven, Arthur Gardner and Jules V. Levy announced they would make a film about Geronimo for their company, Gramercy Pictures, and release through United Artists. They hoped for Linda Darnell to play the female lead.
- Variety film review; April 25, 1962
- GERONIMO Monthly Film Bulletin; London Vol. 29, Iss. 336, (Jan 1, 1962): 80.
- Nixon, Rob (2009). "Geronimo". Turner Classic Movies Spotlight. Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 2009-09-25.
- British Want Howard Keel: Million-Five Deal Heralded for Granger for Six Pictures Schallert, Edwin. Los Angeles Times (1923–1995); Los Angeles, Calif. [Los Angeles, Calif]05 Nov 1957: C9.
- John Ericson Stars on 'Cleopatra' Sets Los Angeles Times (1923–1995); Los Angeles, Calif. [Los Angeles, Calif]24 Aug 1962: D13.