Gerard Nijkamp (born 1970) is a Dutch soccer player and manager. He worked in various coaching and managerial roles for Dutch club PEC Zwolle from 1998 until 2019, when he started in his current role as general manager of FC Cincinnati.
|Full name||Gerard Nijkamp|
|Date of birth||1970 (age 48–49)|
|Place of birth||Slagharen, Hardenberg, Netherlands|
|Be Quick '28|
|2003||PEC Zwolle (interim)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Nijkamp was an assistant coach and academy director at PEC Zwolle from 1998 to 2007. He was appointed as the club's interim coach in September 2003 after Peter Boeve was fired. He coached for two matches before Hennie Spijkerman was hired as a permanent replacement.
On 30 May 2019, FC Cincinnati of the American league Major League Soccer announced that they had hired Nijkamp as their general manager. The previous holder of the position, Jeff Berding, retained his position on the business side of the organization as the club's president, but would no longer be directly involved with soccer operations. Nijkamp continued working with PEC Zwolle to help with the transition to a new director, but became full-time at Cincinnati by 1 August.
On 4 August 2019, Ron Jans was signed as FC Cincinnati's permanent head coach under Nijkamp's tenure, replacing interim coach Yoann Damet. Nijkamp had previously hired Jans to be PEC Zwolle's coach in 2013.
- "FC Zwolle ontslaat trainer Peter Boeve". Voetbal International (in Dutch). 26 September 2003. Archived from the original on 21 October 2016. Retrieved 30 May 2019.
- Brennan, Patrick; Coolidge, Sharon (30 May 2019). "Jeff Berding: 'We got the right guy' in Gerard Nijkamp for FC Cincinnati GM". Cincinnati Enquirer. Gannett Company. Retrieved 30 May 2019.
- Rueter, Jeff (18 May 2019). "Sources: FC Cincinnati to announce Gerard Nijkamp as new GM". The Athletic. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- Hatch, Charlie (30 May 2019). "Who Is Gerard Nijkamp?". FC Cincinnati. Retrieved 30 May 2019.
- Hatch, Charlie (30 May 2019). "Nijkamp Ready To "Create Something Special" As GM". FC Cincinnati. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- Baer, Benjamin (4 August 2019). "FC Cincinnati name Ron Jans head coach". MLSsoccer.com. Major League Soccer. Retrieved 15 August 2019.