Gerald Lawrence (23 March 1873, London – 16 May 1957, London) was a British actor and manager. He was married, firstly, to stage and screen actress Dame Lilian Braithwaite; their child was actress Joyce Carey (born Joyce Lawrence). That union ended in divorce in 1905. His second and third wives were also actresses; those unions were without issue. His second marriage, to Fay Davis, ended with her death in 1945 and his third, to Madge Compton, with his own.
- Henry VIII (1911)
- The Harbour Lights (1914)
- Enoch Arden (1914)
- A Bunch of Violets (1916)
- The Grand Babylon Hotel (1916)
- Carrots (1917)
- The Fall of a Saint (1920)
- The Glorious Adventure (1922)
- The Iron Duke (1934)
- Profile, ftvdb.bfi.org.uk; accessed 2 April 2016.
- Joyce Carey obituary, The Times, 3 March 1993, p. 17
- Gerald Lawrence on IMDb
- photo with daughter, Joyce Carey(National Portrait Gallery)
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.