|Full name||George Horlin-Smith|
|Date of birth||22 December 1992|
|Place of birth||Adelaide, South Australia|
|Original team(s)||Sturt (SANFL)|
|Draft||No. 37, 2010 national draft|
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||84 kg (185 lb)|
|Position(s)||Midfielder / Forward|
|Current club||Gold Coast|
|2019–||Gold Coast||7 (2)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2019.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Horlin-Smith went to Pembroke School in Adelaide, South Australia. Horlin-Smith was a promising cricketer, having co-captained the Australian under-16 cricket team to the West Indies in 2008, but he decided to pursue a career in football. Along with playing at Pembroke, Horlin-Smith would play his junior football at the Payneham Norwood Union Football Club and the Sturt Football Club. He has played for Geelong in the NAB Cup. He was taken by Geelong at number 37 in the 2010 AFL national draft.
After suffering a shoulder injury in the lead-up to the 2011 season, Horlin-Smith was unable to break into Geelong's strong senior team, but he did manage nine games for Geelong's VFL side.
Horlin-Smith's development continued in 2012, playing three games with Geelong's AFL side. His 2012 season in Geelong's VFL side garnered a premiership medal with the Cats, and the Norm Goss Memorial Medal for best player afield in the Grand Final. He finished the regular season as Geelong's highest vote getter in the J.J. Liston medal, coming 5th overall.
Horlin-Smith was awarded the Round 4 nomination for the 2013 AFL Rising Star.
At the conclusion of the 2018 season, Horlin-Smith was traded to Gold Coast.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Homfray, Reece (31 October 2008). "Big hitters ready to swing for Twenty20 Bowl". Eastern Courier Messenger. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- Gullan, Scott (21 November 2010). "Prodigy George Horlin-Smith ready for Cats challenge". Herald Sun. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- Murnane, Matt (24 February 2012). "NAB Cup: tonight's games". The Age. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- Gullan, Scott (22 November 2010). "Teenager inherits Gazza's number". Herald Sun. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- Carbonaro, Ben. "Horlin-Smith Wins Norm Goss Medal".
- Amy, Paul (4 September 2012). "Werribee's Ben Ross wins VFL's JJ Liston Trophy". Leader.
- Davidson, Ryan (23 April 2013). "Double barrel, rising star".
- Navaratnam, Dinny (16 October 2018). "Suns bolster midfield with fringe Cat".
- "AFL Tables - George Horlin-Smith statistics". AFL Tables.
- George Horlin-Smith's profile on the official website of the Gold Coast Football Club
- George Horlin-Smith's playing statistics from AFL Tables