Geordie Shore (series 1)
The first series of Geordie Shore, a British television programme based in Newcastle upon Tyne, began airing on 24 May 2011 on MTV. The series concluded on 12 July 2011 after 6 episodes and 2 specials including a reunion show hosted by Russell Kane and an episode counting down the best bits of the series. From 23 August 2011 until 30 August 2011, 2 Magaluf specials aired on MTV, however these episodes are featured on the series 2 DVD. The series included Holly's turbulent relationship with Dan coming to an end, the beginning of Gaz and Charlotte's ongoing love/hate relationship, and Jay and Vicky's rocky relationship. This was the only series to feature Greg Lake.
|Geordie Shore (series 1)|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Original release||24 May –|
30 August 2011
- Charlotte-Letitia Crosby
- Gaz Beadle
- Greg Lake
- Holly Hagan
- James Tindale
- Jay Gardner
- Sophie Kasaei
- Vicky Pattison
Duration of cast
|Cast members||Series 1||MM|
- = Cast member is featured in this episode.
- = Cast member arrives in the house.
- = Cast member voluntarily leaves the house.
- = Cast member returns to the house.
- = Cast member leaves the series.
- = Cast member does not feature in this episode.
|Title||Original air date||UK viewers|
|1||1||"Episode 1"||24 May 2011||635,000|
|Everyone arrives in the house but Charlotte and Sophie immediately make a bad impression on the others after getting too drunk. Holly causes a stir in the group when she announces she's got a boyfriend, however she ends up in bed with Gaz. Greg considers leaving as he begins to feel left out when he realises he has nothing in common with the other boys. Gaz tries his luck with Charlotte on a night out and she eventually gives into temptation, going back to the house with him. Jay and Vicky get close, and Holly feels like an outsider.|
|2||2||"Episode 2"||31 May 2011||578,000|
|Anna's not happy with Jay and James when they fail to turn up to work, and she considers throwing them out of the house. Holly claims she doesn't remember what happened between her and Gaz but confesses to her boyfriend that something may have happened. The boys go behind the girl's back and bring back girls from the previous night which causes a divide in the house. Charlotte begins to fall for Gaz after she sees him with another girl, and Jay and Vicky fall out after seeing each other flirt with other people.|
|3||3||"Episode 3"||7 June 2011||650,000|
|Charlotte finally gives into temptation and has sex with Gaz, and Vicky and Jay call a truce. Holly gets a shock when her boyfriend turns up, and Gaz is worried in case it causes arguments between them. Vicky accuses Jay of trying to get with another girl but gets the wrong idea, making him kick off in the middle of a club. As they call a truce again, Vicky admits she doesn't want to lead him on. Holly continues to feel left out in the group and makes the decision to leave the house without telling the others.|
|4||4||"Episode 4"||14 June 2011||610,000|
|Charlotte gets emotional when she realises that Holly's gone. More arguments between Jay and Vicky give the group something to talk about, and Vicky tries to prove a point to the boys by arranging a treble blind date. After an unsuccessful date, Vicky bitches about the boys in the house to Charlotte and Sophie, but they go straight to Greg and repeat what was said. As Greg then tells the boys, it causes huge conflict and Vicky considers going home. She then turns to Jay for support.|
|5||5||"Episode 5"||21 June 2011||691,000|
|Vicky considers leaving the house, but when Sophie resolves the current issues, she decides to stay. Greg isn't happy with Vicky's ongoing behaviour and confronts her about it causing them to clash. Charlotte promises to ignore Gaz but can't stay away, and even nurses him when he's ill and unable to go on a night out. Holly returns and doesn't get the response she was expecting, and after numerous arguments with her boyfriend, she confesses being in bed with Gaz on the first night then tells her boyfriend to end the relationship.|
|6||6||"Episode 6"||28 June 2011||634,000|
|The Jay and Vicky drama continues. An argument between Greg and Holly gets out of control and Holly begins to trash the house before announcing she's leaving again. With her bags packed and ready to go, Jay throws some home truths her way leaving Vicky shocked. Vicky then spits in Jay's face during another argument causing a girl/boy divide again. Charlotte confesses her feelings towards Gaz but is heartbroken when he brings a girl home and into the bed next to her. The group say an emotional goodbye to each other before heading home.|
|-||-||"The Reunion"||5 July 2011||406,000|
|Russell Kane presents as the cast reunite to discuss all the goings on. Charlotte and Gaz are put in an awkward situation when they're questioned about their relationship, Vicky and Jay face a grilling from the audience, and Holly's shocked when Dan appears as a special guest.|
|-||-||"Best Bits"||12 July 2011||176,000|
|A look back at the best bits from the first series.|
Magaluf special (2011)
- Fletcher, Alex (27 April 2011). "'Geordie Shore' details revealed". Digital Spy. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- Fletcher, Alex (2 June 2011). "'Geordie Shore' films Magaluf summer specials". Digital Spy. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Watch out, Majorca! The Geordie Shore cast hit Magaluf as they film summer specials". Daily Mail. 29 June 2011. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Geordie Shore - Series 1 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- Wearmouth, Rachel (13 November 2011). "Ex-boyfriend of Geordie Shore's Holly Hagan hits out". Chronicle Live. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- McGarry, Lisa (14 June 2011). "Geordie Shore: Vicky Pattison and Jay Gardner love each other but really want to be single". Unreality TV. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- Davies, Katie (5 February 2012). "Geordie Shore star Greg Lake on leaving the show". Chronicle Live. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Top 10 Programmes". BARB. Archived from the original on 18 July 2014. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- Woodcock, Laura (8 June 2011). "Holly Hagan in Geordie Shore quit shocker". Gazette Live. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Top 10 Programmes". Broadcasters' Audience Research Board. Retrieved 30 April 2013.