Genus plc is a British-based business selling products manufactured using biotechnology to cattle and pig farmers. It is headquartered in Basingstoke and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
|Traded as||LSE: GNS|
|Predecessor||Dalgety plc |
|Headquarters||Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK|
|Bob Lawson, Chairman |
Karim Bitar, CEO
|Revenue||£470.3 million (2018)|
|£8.2 million (2018)|
|£41.6 million (2018)|
The business has its origins in the former Breeding & Production Division of the Milk Marketing Board which was established in 1933 and broken up in 1994. In 1999 Genus acquired ABS Global, a company founded by J.R. Prentice in the US as the American Breeders Service in 1941 selling the semen of cattle. In 2005 Genus acquired, through the takeover of Sygen International plc, PIC, a company founded by six pork producers in the UK as the Pig Improvement Company in 1962.
- "Genus plc - Investor Relations - Genus Board". genusplc.com. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- "Annual Report 2018" (PDF). Genus plc. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- The BSE Inquiry Archived 2008-10-10 at the Wayback Machine
- ABS Global Parent Reports Positive Year-End Results and Stock Listing
- "Genus Completes Acquisition Of Sygen". The Pig Site. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- "Genus". Market Watch. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.