Gentlemen Are Born (1960 film)
|Gentlemen Are Born|
|Directed by||Mario Mattoli|
|Produced by||Isidoro Broggi|
|Written by||Edoardo Anton|
|Starring||Totò, Peppino De Filippo, Carlo Croccolo, Delia Scala, Riccardo Garrone|
|Music by||Gianni Ferrio|
|Edited by||Gisa Radicchi Levi|
Rome 1900: Baron Ottone degli Ulivi, said Zaza, is a rich spendthrift who likes pretty girls. His brother Pio degli Ulivi is a miser tailor who hates Zazà because he is always in his house asking for money to pay off family debts. One day Zazà intends steal 300 lire to his brother, and makes him believe that he has a daughter to support.
- Totò as Ottone Degli Ulivi, also known as Zazà
- Peppino De Filippo as Pio Degli Ulivi, Ottone's brother
- Delia Scala as Patrizia
- Riccardo Garrone as Enzo, Patrizia's fiancé
- Lidia Martora as Maria Luisa, Pio's wife
- Luigi Pavese as Bernasconi
- Angela Luce as Fedele, Pio's maid
- Dori Dorika as Adelina Maniglia
- Nico Pepe as Binotti
- Liana Orfei as Titì
- Carlo Croccolo as Battista, Ottone's butler
- "New York Times: Signori si nasce". NY Times. Retrieved 2 August 2008.
- Aprà, Adriano. The Fabulous Thirties: Italian cinema 1929-1944. Electa International, 1979.