Gentleman Usher of the Blue Rod
The Gentleman Usher of the Blue Rod is the Gentleman Usher to the Most Distinguished Order of Saint Michael and Saint George, established in 1818. If the office holder is female, she is referred to as the Lady Usher of the Blue Rod.
The office was simply designated as that of "Officer of Arms" to the Order from the first appointment in 1882 until 1911, when it received the present name.
Officers of Arms of the Order of St Michael and St George (1882–1911)
Gentlemen/Lady Ushers of the Blue Rod (1911–present)
- 1911–1920: Sir William Alexander Baillie Hamilton, KCMG, CB
- 1920–1934: Sir Reginald Laurence Antrobus, KCMG, CB
- 1934–1959: Admiral Sir Alan Hotham, CB, CMG
- 1959–1972: Sir George Beresford-Stooke, KCMG
- 1972–1979: Sir Anthony Abell, KCMG
- 1979–1992: Sir John Moreton, KCMG, KCVO, MC
- 1992–2002: Sir John Margetson, KCMG
- 2002–2016: Sir Anthony Figgis, KCVO, CMG
- 2016–present: Dame DeAnne Julius, DCMG, CBE
- Galloway, Peter The Order of St Michael and St George (London, Third Millennium Publishing, 2000) p. 365.