Gateway is a census designated place (CDP) in Lee County, Florida, United States. The population was 8,401 at the 2010 United States Census. It is part of the Cape Coral-Fort Myers, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area. The community is located north of Southwest Florida International Airport.
|Coordinates: 26°34′29″N 81°45′16″W|
|• Total||6.14 sq mi (15.9 km2)|
|• Land||5.65 sq mi (14.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.49 sq mi (1.3 km2)|
|Elevation||23 ft (7 m)|
|• Density||1,486.9/sq mi (574.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1853254|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 6.14 square miles (15.9 km2), of which 5.65 square miles (14.6 km2) is land and 0.49 square miles (1.3 km2) is water.
As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 8,401 people residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,486.9 inhabitants per square mile (574.1/km2). There were 4,108 housing units at an average density of 727.1 per square mile (280.7/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 87.6% White, 9.3% Black, 2.0% Asian, and 0.9% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 9.5% of the population.
- Gateway Charter High School
- Gateway Elementary and Intermediate Charter School K-8
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. February 12, 2011. Retrieved April 23, 2011.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2010)". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved November 20, 2018.